Scalloped potatoes

Uncle Buck

Knows what a fatty is.
I got a unusual for me, request for scalloped potatoes for a catering event and I said sure. Anyone have a recipe and willing to share, a restaurant pan size batch would be ideal but I'll take what I can get! Thanks in advance!!

15lbs raw potatoes and sliced (about 12lbs after peeling) dusted with 3 tablespoons salt. Melt 8oz butter then add 4oz flour and 1.5 tablespoons of salt then cook and stir for 5 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add 1 gallon of milk stirring with a whisk and cook until it thickens the pour it over potatoes. You can add shredded cheese or top with cheese (1.5lbs or mix 6oz bread crumbs with 2oz melted butter and sprinkle on top. Cook at 350* 1.5-2 hours This will fill 2 full pans and at a 6oz portion will feed about 50 people.

15lbs raw potatoes and sliced (about 12lbs after peeling) dusted with 3 tablespoons salt. Melt 8oz butter then add 4oz flour and 1.5 tablespoons of salt then cook and stir for 5 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add 1 gallon of milk stirring with a whisk and cook until it thickens the pour it over potatoes. You can add shredded cheese or top with cheese (1.5lbs or mix 6oz bread crumbs with 2oz melted butter and sprinkle on top. Cook at 350* 1.5-2 hours This will fill 2 full pans and at a 6oz portion will feed about 50 people.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.......I'm hungry already!!!! :clap2:

Back