SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

Official entry in Noobians vs. Veterans Throwdown.

I did not realize this minor insurrection was still going on. It does seem the Noobians have been vanquished for all practical purposes. I think I will launch the drone to seek out and retrain any retreating high ranking noobian officials. Operation Meatball has been inititiated.

Started with a mixture of ground beef and ground pork.
pr0n11003.jpg

Mixed with some seasonings.
pr0n11004.jpg

Added some vegetables.
pr0n11001.jpg

Payload ready and loaded.
pr0n11005.jpg

Launch vehicle engaged. Flavor bombs readying for deployment.
pr0n11007.jpg

Midway!
pr0n11009.jpg

I have recently discovered homemade spaghetti sauce. I will be hard pressed to use store bought sauce from now on. I made a vodka sauce from scratch which I think turned out real good. Finished the meatballs on the grill in a vodka sauce hot tub.
pr0n11011.jpg

Served with rigatoni, salad, and Toast.
pr0n11016.jpg

Maybe the Noobians will finally realize they are overmatched in this so called rebellion. I hope that when they capitulate, our leaders don't apologize for any collateral damages.

Well whaddaya know? I had post #1000!

I claim I had no prior knowledge.

Or maybe I hatched a brilliant scheme?

My 6th Official Entry into the "Noobians vs Veterans" TD.

Please accept my 6th official entry into the "Noobians vs Veterans" TD called "Grilled Haloumi Cheese with Watermelon".

This is Chef Michael Symon's recipe I saw on "The Chew" a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure about it while he was making it but when I saw their expressions while eating it and heard them rave on I knew I had to try it.

The Haloumi cheese Carol bought had herbs and garlic in it so I omitted the chopped scallions Chef Symon used in his version. Ingredients are simple and few -- Haloumi cheese, watermelon, 2 slices of bacon, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

SIMG0059.jpg

Sliced the block of cheese into four "steaks". Suppose you could do this with well-seasoned tofu, too. :biggrin1:

SIMG0062.jpg

Be sure to oil the grill before you put the cheese on -- I forgot to and made grilling more difficult than it had to be.

SIMG0063.jpg

Now that's nice sear mark.

SIMG0066.jpg

Topped the grilled cheese steaks with watermelon steaks cut to the same size. Mixed a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar together, drizzled over the stack and garnished with crumbled bacon.

SIMG0074.jpg

Please use the photo below for voting.

SIMG0080.jpg

The first few bites were a little strange in that my taste buds took a bit of time to get used to the new flavour combination. By the last bite it tasted delicious and I was already planning to do it again. A nice flavour adventure to be sure. Thanks for watching.

Awesome entry!
Care to share your sauce recipe tarhog?

I don't have any particular sauce recipe and being the rebel that I am don't know if I have ever done the exact meal twice. My Vodka Sauce resembles this.

2 tbsp shortening
1 onion
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup green peppers
4 cloves garlic
2 cans stewed tomatoes blended
Water as needed for consistancy
Salt and pepper
Thyme, oregano, and italian spices per individual taste
1 cup vodka
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan

Sautee vegetables to taste. Add blended tomatoes, little bit of water, and spices. Heat to low boil.

Taste Vodka. Very important step. Vodka has a tendency to go bad and should be sampled multiple times throughout this cook. Add Vodka to simmering tomato sauce and allow to render. Reduce heat and add heavy cream.

When color is acheived add grated parmesan. At this point I added the meatballs and put them all on the grill to finish while pulling the rest of the meal together.

Very very cool..... Will definitely try this at some point too (my "to try" list is getting very long)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

*Yawn* What day is it? It is going to take forever to catch up on this thread. In the mean time, here is a teaser. Copper river sockeye (reds)

Caught here

IMG_1271.jpg

Cooked here

IMG_1111.jpg

I have 1300 photos to go through so this might be a long entry. I just hope she agrees that it is a long entry as well :tsk:

Official Noobians vs. Veterans Throwdown entry

Admiral Bigabyte! Sir! Seamen Hobo Kelly reporting. Successful entry into Noobians vs. Veterans Throwdown. I have successfully penetrated their defenses and had a successful bombing run.

Details, I want details!!!

Sir! Over the labor day weekend I was throwing back some Dark N’ Stormies.

IMG_0556.jpg

With my old friend Johnny Rico,

JOHNNYRICO.jpg

We were reminiscing about the time we spent together on Rasczak's Roughnecks battling the Arachnids. I told him that the Farking Noobian Alliance reminds me of the Arachnids. He nearly blew a head gasket when he heard this.

head_gasket.jpg

He then filled me in on some classified information, when the Arachnids attacked Buenos Aires there were a lot of brisket and bacon fragments with these markings.

FNA.jpg

We then concluded that the Noobians were the ones that attacked Buenos Aires leaving behind the bacon and brisket fragments to lure the Arachnids to finish up and cover up their dastardliness. He shared with me plans to build an attack vessel with a state of the art cloaking device which would allow us to go right by them without them even noticing. This Top Secret cloaking device was dubbed the “Blue Waffle” (because no one wants to see a blue waffle). The materials for the build.

IMG_0559.jpg

My sausage was sweetly seduced and my chourico braised in wine.

IMG_0562.jpg

Here they are on the USS Milton @ 250* with some cherry wood.

IMG_0563.jpg

The bacon, brown sugar and Cheyenne pepper was for a bacon candy weave Fail, as I was about to toss it down my belly disposal unit Johnny yelled STOP!!! And had it sent to the Farkernaughts official printer down under. And the moneyshot.

fire2.jpg

The flight deck which sits atop the blue Waffle cloaking disk is equipped with a special yellow tint to protect the crew from the effects of the Blue Waffle there was no yoking around in the cockpit. Oh yeah the bacon candy weave that I thought was a fail was printed with the FNA insignia fragment found in Buenos Aires and loaded into our warheads. Farking noobians still don’t know what hit them, we intercepted a communication where they indicated they believe the fragments from our warheads are actually theirs from when private Ryan blew up their munitions dump either way the Arachnids are finishing them off as we speak.

Admiral Bigabyte! Sir! Seamen Hobo Kelly request permission to return to the poop deck!

I can see why you hesitated to make that, Kathy, that looks pretty weird. But Michael Symon knows his chit, so I'm guessing it tastes good.

CD

The bacon, brown sugar and Cheyenne pepper was for a bacon candy weave Fail, as I was about to toss it down my belly disposal unit Johnny yelled STOP!!! And had it sent to the Farkernaughts official printer down under. And the moneyshot.

fire2.jpg

The flight deck which sits atop the blue Waffle cloaking disk is equipped with a special yellow tint to protect the crew from the effects of the Blue Waffle there was no yoking around in the cockpit. Oh yeah the bacon candy weave that I thought was a fail was printed with the FNA insignia fragment found in Buenos Aires and loaded into our warheads. Farking noobians still don’t know what hit them, we intercepted a communication where they indicated they believe the fragments from our warheads are actually theirs from when private Ryan blew up their munitions dump either way the Arachnids are finishing them off as we speak.

Admiral Bigabyte! Sir! Seamen Hobo Kelly request permission to return to the poop deck!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Outstanding, Seamen, outstanding! Proud to fight alongside you.

Official Entry.....Rustic Kielbasa...

Please to accept this, my most humble entry...Simple Kielbasa

basa_n_ribs1.jpg

Smoked over pecan shells and white oak on my Stubby DrumPit...

stubby_drumpit4.jpg

My rustic outdoor kitchen.....

outdoorsy_kitchen3.jpg

Quick Rain Guard....

rain_guard2.jpg

Sausages Done after 45 minutes @300*....

basa_done5.jpg

Please use this as the official photo entry....

basa_done6.jpg

Thanks!!!!!!

Admiral Bigabyte! Sir! Seamen Hobo Kelly reporting. Successful entry into Noobians vs. Veterans Throwdown. I have successfully penetrated their defenses and had a successful bombing run.

Details, I want details!!!

Sir! Over the labor day weekend I was throwing back some Dark N’ Stormies.

IMG_0556.jpg

With my old friend Johnny Rico,

JOHNNYRICO.jpg

We were reminiscing about the time we spent together on Rasczak's Roughnecks battling the Arachnids. I told him that the Farking Noobian Alliance reminds me of the Arachnids. He nearly blew a head gasket when he heard this.

head_gasket.jpg

He then filled me in on some classified information, when the Arachnids attacked Buenos Aires there were a lot of brisket and bacon fragments with these markings.

FNA.jpg

We then concluded that the Noobians were the ones that attacked Buenos Aires leaving behind the bacon and brisket fragments to lure the Arachnids to finish up and cover up their dastardliness. He shared with me plans to build an attack vessel with a state of the art cloaking device which would allow us to go right by them without them even noticing. This Top Secret cloaking device was dubbed the “Blue Waffle” (because no one wants to see a blue waffle). The materials for the build.

IMG_0559.jpg

My sausage was sweetly seduced and my chourico braised in wine.

IMG_0562.jpg

Here they are on the USS Milton @ 250* with some cherry wood.

IMG_0563.jpg

fire2.jpg

Comrade Paul, this ode to you says more than words can
:bow:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsFFBc7dhD0"]Cold Chisel - When The War Is Over (1982) - YouTube[/ame]

You got some bundies!!!:clap2:

Last edited:
Back