Building a reverse flow

Did a remodeling job. Went from oil to propane. Got two tanks from them. That was last fall when did the remodel. the tank sat outside and vented . Then i cut it open with sawsall. Had to big fires in it. lasting about 5 hours.

Roaster said:
Did a remodeling job. Went from oil to propane. Got two tanks from them. That was last fall when did the remodel. the tank sat outside and vented . Then i cut it open with sawsall. Had to big fires in it. lasting about 5 hours.

I have a 300 gallon propane tank that none of my friends want to cut into.....really afraid on being located into the next county:biggrin:

Ive been told...........if you can get some chunked dry ice and pour it into one of the fill or vent ports it will produce ????? gas. Carbon Dixoide? Not sure. Others fill tank with water and the fuel oil floats on the top of the water. Im sure others have ideas also to keep from blowing themselves up.

jpw23 said:
I have a 300 gallon propane tank that none of my friends want to cut into.....really afraid on being located into the next county:biggrin:
Someone told me that the best way to cut into these is to fill them with water. Of course, once you start all the water is going to come out but you should be fine by then. If you're going to try it go check with someone to verify it first!

Wow. Thats really coming together nice. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Nice looking rig! I'm not familiar how a reverse flow works, I can see the exhaust stacks are close to the firebox-are there tuning plates below the cooking grates?

Back