Bixby, OK (With Results)

G

Greatgrills

anyone going to be doing this contest this coming weekend?

quick question. if someone was driving from jefferson city missouri, leaving about 5-6pm that night, wanting to drive maybe 4-5hrs, pulling a trailer, which would be the easiest town to stop in and restart in the morning with the least amount of time to travel on that friday?

Well, Google Maps says it's only a 5.5 hour drive from Jeff City to Bixby, and that seems about right to me. If you're gonna split it up, I'd try to make it at least to Joplin. Once you cross the state line, You'll be on the turnpike all the way to Tulsa, and it might be harder to find a place to stay. I'd say just push it all the way to Tulsa and then sleep a little later the next morning. I'll PM my cell number if you all need a hand with anything while you're in town.

Well, Google Maps says it's only a 5.5 hour drive from Jeff City to Bixby, and that seems about right to me. If you're gonna split it up, I'd try to make it at least to Joplin. Once you cross the state line, You'll be on the turnpike all the way to Tulsa, and it might be harder to find a place to stay. I'd say just push it all the way to Tulsa and then sleep a little later the next morning. I'll PM my cell number if you all need a hand with anything while you're in town.

Now THAT's what this board is about! Thank you!

We had brother Slat come to our aid at Charleston MO a few years back!
Another shining moment for the Brethren, brothers in smoke!

Unfortunately, I won't have the bus this time. It's in Stillwater this weekend. I'll have it at the next one.

Here ya go!

More Brethren walking the walk!

WTG guys and gals!

TIM
-------------------------------

Bixby Blues and BBQ
May 12, 2007
68 Teams
Reps: Lew Miller, Carol Whitebook, Merl Whitebook

Steak
1 Sigma Smoker
2 Smokin Phone Bones
3 Hawg Dawgs
4 3 guys Smokin
5 Buzzard Bait BBQ and Chili
6 Stonebrige BBQ
7 Billy Simms BBQ
8 Smokin Okies
9 Smokin with Jim
10 All American BBQ

Chicken
1 Sigma Smokers
2 Royal Oak BBQ
3 Sue B Que
4 3 Guys Smokin
5 Cooks n Hills
6 The Tofu Assassins
7 Great Grills O Fire
8 The Smokedelics
9 Greatful Que
10 Wylie Coyote

Ribs
1 Community Smoke
2 Stonebrige BBQ
3 Fire Stokers
4 Twin Oaks Smokin Crew
5 Wylie Coyote
6 Stu's Q BBQ
7 Connoisseurs of Fine Swine
8 Sigma Smokers
9 Royal Oak BBQ
10 The Smk Ridge Boys

Pork
1 Head Country II
2 Buffalo's BBQ
3 Royal Oak BBQ
4 Key Midwest
5 Pigcasso
6 Great Grills O Fire
7 Stonebrige BBQ
8 Connoisseurs of Fine Swine
9 Sue B Que
10 Twin Oaks Smokin Crew

Brisket
1 Hawg Dawgs
2 Twin Oaks Smokin Crew
3 Wylie Coyote
4 Rib Wurx
5 Iron Wheel Cookers
6 Head Country II
7 Buffalo's BBQ
8 Bayou BBQ
9 B Man's BBQ
10 Jungle Jeems Pig Posse

Grand Champion Head Country II 651.9996
Reserve Grand Champion Twin Oaks Smokin Crew 647.9996
3 Royal Oak BBQ
4 Wylie Coyote
5 Buffalo's BBQ
6 Key Midwest
7 Great Grills O Fire
8 Hot Wire BBQ
9 Sue B Que
10 Fire Stokers

Wow! Way to DOMINATE, Steve!

But . . . why can't any of our brethren get into the top 10 in brisket?

Is the popular expectation of what brisket should be advancing beyond what we talk about here?

Thanks. I was pretty happy with the results. We probably could have had a chance overall but I tanked the pork. We finished 41st in pork. I think it was too overdone. Our brisket finished 17th and was a little overdone but we were pretty happy with 17th out of 68. We just missed the top 10 and finished 11th overall with the bonus of a 1st in steak. Next time, I would love to meet any of you guys out there.

Steve

I'll post some pictures of turn in boxes after I get some sleep.

Steve

I was there today, but never saw Steve's space. Sorry I missed you, Bro.

I did talk to Mark and Becky for a while- it was good to meet them, and it looked like they were having a good time. They set me up with a panful of chicken, which was top-notch. Very, very good!

Most of the stuff I got for the people's choice was lackluster, unfortunately. The park was absolutely packed with people, and there were good tunes coming from the stages (it's also a Blues festival- John Lee Hooker, Jr. is probably playing right now). I'm not a competitor, but it sure looks like a good venue. And the judges seem to have liked what the Brethren cook! Congratulations to all!

Mark and Becky know how to have a good time! Congrats to Sigmasmokers and Great Grills on the calls!

Back