Jack N' Que!

Hyper

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So, I've cooked and bunch of Fatties and MOINK's in my UDS but as of this morning, I'd yet to venture beyond that. Anyways, I figured that it was time to take a walk on the wild side so I fired up the drum, put some of my "special" rub on a few racks of Baby Backs and went to town. I put them on at 2:00 and they've been trudging on along at 225 ever since. While I'm waiting, I figured I'd celebrate the special occasion with the good stuff. A nice cold Single Barrel Jack and Coke. Good times!! :thumb:

jacknque.jpg

jacknque2.jpg

Pour me one!! I'm on my way!! Doode, I'd so hit that. Looks like some good pull back on them bones already. Keep us updated.

Bob

Pour me one!! I'm on my way!! Doode, I'd so hit that. Looks like some good pull back on them bones already. Keep us updated.

Bob

Mine is a "double". You up for that? :becky:

As for the pull back, somethings definitely happening. It's either gonna be magic or murder. We'll see shortly! :thumb:

Nice..... Ummmm are you Q'ing? ..... didn't notice.....:rolleyes:

Looking good :clap2:

Mine is a "double". You up for that? :becky:

As for the pull back, somethings definitely happening. It's either gonna be magic or murder. We'll see shortly! :thumb:

Double is perfect!!! That's the perfect glass too. Really brings the theme together.

I'm thinking magic! Just DON'T nod off........or it could turn tragic. Keep us prondated!!

Double is perfect!!! That's the perfect glass too. Really brings the theme together.

I'm thinking magic! Just DON'T nod off.

No chance of nodding off. I have my trusty "Number 1" to keep me company!

jacknque4.jpg

Blues, booze and BBQ'z. It's been a pretty darn good day so far!

Okay, some Q, Dubba Jack N Coke, Drum, Smoke.............and some STEVIE RAY!!!! Dayyuuum............I'm putting in a request for "Riviera Paradise." Perfect tune for the day's events!
I wanna be your neighbor!

Okay, some Q, Dubba Jack N Coke, Drum, Smoke.............and some STEVIE RAY!!!! Dayyuuum............I'm putting in a request for "Riviera Paradise." Perfect tune for the day's events!
I wanna be your neighbor!

Some Riviera Paradise is just what the doctor ordered. Maybe some Texas Flood or Voodoo Chile? Yeah buddy! Come on down Double B! There's always room and decent food at "Hypers". :thumb:

By the way, just sauced the ribs. It's almost eatin' time! :-D

I'm thinking you'll be playing "Pride and Joy" when you pull them ribs off and tear into em. Had the pleasure to see SRV in the early 80's before he really hit it big. Not only my first concert........but STILL the best. 3 encores and he tore the place up. Still got the concert tank top I bought. I wore it out and it's just barely hanging in there.

You do it right!! Dang, right.

Bob

If I'm ever in your 'hood, I'm taking you up on that offer!

I'm thinking you'll be playing "Pride and Joy" when you pull them ribs off and tear into em. Had the pleasure to see SRV in the early 80's before he really hit it big. Not only my first concert........but STILL the best. 3 encores and he tore the place up. Still got the concert tank top I bought. I wore it out and it's just barely hanging in there.

You do it right!! Dang, right.

Bob

If I'm ever in your 'hood, I'm taking you up on that offer!

If you find your way out to Indy, I'm all for it! :thumb: You're a lucky man to have seen SRV in his heyday! It's one of those things that I wish I could have done! Oh well, at least he left behind some great music for us to enjoy!

Now, on to the ribs:

jacknque5.jpg

They were really good. Not great I will admit but better than I would get if I were to go out and order some at a restaurant. I smoked these with some Hickory and a touch of Apple which was a first for me. The texture was right but the smoke flavor was a little more than I'm used to. I'm sure that with a bit of practice, I will find the combo that works best for me. All in all though, it was a great day, a fantastic experience and not too bad for my first real cook with the UDS. :becky:

Great looking ribs, great choice of music, hold the coke and we're good to go!:thumb:

Looks great. Did Jack get a ride on the ribs? I spritz 50/50 JD/applejuice.

Yes, you score "WTF" for putting coke in the Jack.

Everything else, including SRV is all A++++

Cheers!

Bill

Now you doing it up right..A smoker aint no smoker until you do some Baby Backs LOL

Thanks for the kind words!!

Looks great. Did Jack get a ride on the ribs? I spritz 50/50 JD/applejuice.

No JD spritzer for the ribs this go around. I was trying to keep the variables to a minimum so I could easily identify what didn't work if things went awry.

Back