Drop Off Question

watertowerbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
For those of you who do "drop-off" type catering events, how do you handle food safety as far as delivering hot and cold foods? In other words, I assume that the hot food is hot when you deliver it, but are you ever concerned that the person receiving the food will not handle it properly and people may get sick? Same with cold food staying cold.

An example would be delivering hot pulled pork hours before a party was to begin.

I don't do much drop off jobs any more, for just that reason all people know is you made the food and thats what got me sick. I always delivered in a cambro hot box. never had a problem in the past, I mainly do that kind of stuff for close friends and family.

Drop off at time of party not "hours before". Maybe an hour and leave the Cambro for pickup the next day. Otherwise grillfella is right and it's just for friends.

And make sure the contract states when you drop off and when food is to be eaten and that customer understands how to handle food. Make it an attachment to the contract. Won't help legally but maybe the people getting the food will pay better attention to how to handle it.

My drop offs get dropped hot & set up in chaffers with sterno. Otherwise reheat directions are given.

Back