Has anybody tried country style pork ribs?

RevZiLLa

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
These are really just boneless pork butt cut into strips. I was thinking 2 x 2 x 12 strips coated in rub and smoked at 225* would take about 2 - 2 1/2 hours and have an awesome smoke ring. When I do pork tenderloin of similar dimensions, it takes 90 min at 250* to get to an internal of 145*. (overcooking it makes it dry)

Anyway, this could either be a shortcut to pulled BBQ at 195* or a rub and pork fat infused morsel at 185*....or a dry piece of leather jerky.

Advice?

I cook them all the team. There's been lots of conversation here about them in the past. Almost impossible to screw up. I grill mine often when short on time. They can be smoked as you have described. Don't worry about them...never had one dry out....usually lots of fat in the. Throw a little sauce on at the end. Really good eating.

I like to grill mine. A little Yardbird (well a lot of Yardbird) with a spritz or two of apple juice along the way.

Might use a finishing sauce. Might not. I

I've also smoked them for a little while and then finished them off on the grill.

I made some yesterday. I marinated them in teriyaki thinned with pineapple juice. On the Egg at 250. Cocked pretty fast.

If I coat them with rub, will it be too much? This is looking really doable!

Lots of rub. Maybe a mustard slather. You could brine or inject. How ever you do your butt will work great with them. Heck, grill them naked (the pork, not you) and they will be good. They are one of, if not the safest meats to cook, in my experience.

I personally would mustard slather, dry rub. Smoke, foil for a bit. Then sauce them up!!!

I did them for a bunch of folks friday night at Art of BBQ(first time I cooked them).

They went like hotcakes, a pork rub and smoked at 250*, easy peasy.

A bunch of trophy winners and Rep types scarfed them down.

i come close to just direct grilling them with some indirect time. also love to direct grill sliced pork butt. great just straight on the plate or in sammys.

Thanks for all the help and reassurance, guys! This is going to happen.

There will be pics, but I won't be able to make 'em as nice as Rick does

Back