I hate to admit this... but....

Chris89Stang

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
today was the first day I've ever tried smoking a fatty. :doh:

Chris-BGE-12.jpg

Chris-BGE-13.jpg

Chris-BGE-14.jpg

First one was bacon wrapped with sausage, cheddar, pepper jack, and more bacon. Dusted on the inside and out with my pork rub and a little BBQ sauce on the inside.

Second one was naked with my pork rub.

Came out pretty good for my first ones, if I must say. :thumb:

Nice looking fatties!!!

Good lookin fatty! Good choice

New here never seen or heard if "fattys" but wow I need to find out ASAP haha

I am a fan of nekkid fatties, but, both of those look great

Naked fatties rock :rockon:

New here never seen or heard if "fattys" but wow I need to find out ASAP haha

Before you do anything, please check out post 14 in this thread...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97956

It is the history of the fatty. The fatty is rich in Brethren history.

Also, check out the fatty tutorial linked in my signature for instructions on making the true fatty, the naked fatty. :thumb:

I started to severely chastise you but I noticed you have only acquired the knows what a fatty is status.:twisted: Seriously a nekked fatty should be one of the first things everyone tries.:cool: Congrats grasshopper.:thumb:

Those look great. Took me a while before I cooked my first Fatty. Done several of them now, all stuffed and wrapped. Still haven't tried a plain Fatty. Not sure if I will.

I like both really well. If I do stuff its with onion, green pepper, jalepeno and shredded pepperjack cheese..

Still haven't tried a plain Fatty. Not sure if I will.

Brother, once you have a fatty that's just rolled in rub and smoked... it's hard to "mess with a good thing."

My first fatty experience was stuffed with peppers, onions, and cheese... and it was delicious.

Then, I went for just the rub... and found heaven. To be quite honest, I haven't stuffed since. As pretty as cowgirl's bacon weave around an amazing-looking stuffed fatty is... "If it ain't broke... don't fix it."

Sorry if I opened Pandora's Box on the subject... as I'm sure it's been opened before.

Back