IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "For The Love of Gravy!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"For The Love of Gravy!"

gravywrestle3pin_800x538_zps9ce1f746.jpg

As chosen by Charred Apron for his fabulous win in the "Tri-Tip Feast" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

CharredApron said:
We have had all the muscle meats of late, I think it's time to show off our love for Gravy. Things are cooling off across the Country. So "For The Love Of Gravy" Let's get it on!

Special rules, oh yes they do exist.

1.) Gravy must be prepared from drippings of the main protein. Additional stocks may be added, but it cannot be the soul base of the gravy.
2.) Pasta sauce is gravy (in my world) so it's game on too!
3.) Entries must include a recipe to be shared amongst the Brethren. Measured quantities are not necessary, but listing the ingredients is a must!

It's about time we had some special rules, for a change! :whoo:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/18 through Sunday 10/27.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 10/28

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Let's see, gravy must be prepared from the dripping of the main protein.....check.......:thumb:

Pasta sauce is a gravy..............and how in the fark do I make gravy from pasta drippings..............:twitch:

Oh there are going to be additional special rules i can just tell....:tsk:

The pic makes me want to vomit...I'm no fan of brown gravy, though. Now if that were cream gravy.... :biggrin:

Look Buddy..........we had a vegetable throwdown and when it was all said and done people wanted to enter oranges....:twitch: And then it was the berries and even Wikipedia couldn't sort out that farking mess. And the best were fruits and tomatoes were included in the 11th hour.......:loco: With everything that goes on here with all of these special rules, pasta just might BE a protein.................:shock: It ain't Friday yet..........:doh:

Okay okay how's this going to work? If I just so happen to get a chicken and then I stuff this inside of a duck and the chicken is stuffed with, let's say pork sausage and then all of this is stuffed inside of a big farking turkey. This entire mess is roasted over a really big farking pan to catch the juices so I can make some gravy. Will I get DQ'd because there are 4 protiens or do I have to call it turkey gravy..............I'm really confused........:tsk:

Okay okay how's this going to work? If I just so happen to get a chicken and then I stuff this inside of a duck and the chicken is stuffed with, let's say pork sausage and then all of this is stuffed inside of a big farking turkey. This entire mess is roasted over a really big farking pan to catch the juices so I can make some gravy. Will I get DQ'd because there are 4 protiens or do I have to call it turkey gravy..............I'm really confused........:tsk:
You don't have to call it anything. Just a big ole fat filled turd, uck, in!

I must have missed that. I suspect that was probably for the best. Now, I am curious :mmph:

You will have nightmares every time you go to the zoo. Or, you might have a yearning to go to Juarez and see the donkey shows.........:twitch:

Look Buddy..........we had a vegetable throwdown and when it was all said and done people wanted to enter oranges....:twitch: And then it was the berries and even Wikipedia couldn't sort out that farking mess. And the best were fruits and tomatoes were included in the 11th hour.......:loco: With everything that goes on here with all of these special rules, pasta just might BE a protein.................:shock: It ain't Friday yet..........:doh:
Egg pasta is a protein

Back