Weber smoke fire shipping soon?

Kaptain Kadian

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Has anyone that has pre-ordered one heard anything about them shipping soon?

I got an email from Weber about a week ago telling me they would be available in mid-January.

I was on the Lowe's website yesterday and they said they would be available there on 2/6.

I think pre-orders will be mid January though.

Interesting in that video the brisket is being cooked on the upper shelf, in other threads there was some discussion about the different heat deflector style having implications on scorching meat.

Interesting in that video the brisket is being cooked on the upper shelf, in other threads there was some discussion about the different heat deflector style having implications on scorching meat.
This is my biggest concern about the design. I get some pretty bad scorching on my gmg from the grease tray if I cook very hot on it.

I agree, I'm skeptical of it as a smoker.

So far, Weber's main selling point , IMO , has been that it would sear a steak, which differentiates it from most other pellet poopers. But I'm wondering , in order to do that, have they sacrificed smoking.

The 24" model may get even heat side to side, but I'm skeptical that the outside of the 36" won't be cooler. In fact, I see little value in owning the 36" .

And that video was a sales pitch and focused way too much on wifi monitoring and not on smoking meats.

I agree, I'm skeptical of it as a smoker.

So far, Weber's main selling point , IMO , has been that it would sear a steak, which differentiates it from most other pellet poopers. But I'm wondering , in order to do that, have they sacrificed smoking.

The 24" model may get even heat side to side, but I'm skeptical that the outside of the 36" won't be cooler. In fact, I see little value in owning the 36" .

And that video was a sales pitch and focused way too much on wifi monitoring and not on smoking meats.

The audacity of a company like weber trying to sell something!

The audacity of a company like weber trying to sell something!

Please accept my apology for being skeptical and allow me to make ammends ........

I pledge my allegiance to Weber

And the smoker for which it stands

One company, infallible, with brisket and seared cowboy rib eye for all .

Please accept my apology for being skeptical and allow me to make ammends ........

I pledge my allegiance to Weber

And the smoker for which it stands

One company, infallible, with brisket and seared cowboy rib eye for all .

I guess everyone can be critical of whatever they choose, just seems like a company promoting a new product is a pretty dumb thing to be critical of. I don't own a single weber product, not on purpose, just don't have one. I have no idea if it will be good or not, but I am certainly not going to criticize them for promoting a new product.

I am skeptical of first models of most anything, even car design changes. Let someone else work out the kinks if there are any.

I guess everyone can be critical of whatever they choose, just seems like a company promoting a new product is a pretty dumb thing to be critical of. I don't own a single weber product, not on purpose, just don't have one. I have no idea if it will be good or not, but I am certainly not going to criticize them for promoting a new product.

Well, heck, I guess Weber is not gonna send me a Smokefire.

Dang.

And that video was not from Weber, it was some tech geek. It came across a sales pitch rather than a review of the product. Makes me even more skeptical.

My question is...can you use it like a gas grill when you want to grill something and a smoker when you want to smoke something?

If so...might make a great all in one cooker.

That seems to be the intent, babybackmaniac’s video said it’s about on par with a Genesis gas grill grilling wise.

Back