New name for ABT's

I was at a restaurant in Chillicothe, OH, that had 'Armadillo Eggs' on the menu, which were actually not armadillo eggs, but ABTs. The restaurant wasn't good anyway, so I didn't care. :)

Don't mess with "TRADITION"... :twisted:

It has been ABT's and it will “Always” be ABT’s! :biggrin:

JMHO :rolleyes:

I learned about ABT's from this site and they are outstanding. Everyone loves them including myself. However, Atomic Buffalo Turds is not the most appetizing name for something so delicious. How about APB's Atomic Pepper Bombs... any other ideas??

New England...Heartland of BBQ Country (not)
New Member...Wants to change a staple

hmmm, wait awhile b-4 you try to change our world...

ABT is a cute name that isnt recognized outside of a couple of bbq forums. A stuffed and grilled / smoked jalapeno isnt a new thing just invented. Seems like the most widely used name is "jalapeno popper."

BTW - armadillo eggs were not just invented either. Bisquick published an armadillo egg recipe over 20 years ago. It was a cheese stuffed jalapeno wrapped in pattie of bisquick and ground breakfast sausage and then baked. They are really good.

A long long time ago, in a land far far away, a person who frequented this forum sold these delectable little turds commercially and gave them the moniker "Green Mojaves".

Of course, when you're here they're ABTs, and yes the "T" is for turd.

Call them whatever you like...but...a turd..is a turd...is a turd! :twisted:

Folks, folks, folks. We are forgetting the core principle of the naming of the ABT...

You are hit with ATOMIC BUFFALO TURDS the next day!!! Duh.:eek::mrgreen:

I love telling my guests the meaning of ABT. It separates the wussies from the foodies.

Then I tell them to eat one and drink a beer. Tastes like 7-UP for some folks (tastebud electrocution)

Then I tell them to eat one and drink a beer. Tastes like 7-UP for some folks (tastebud electrocution)
:biggrin: I am getting a good laugh picturing just how many brethren are going to be trying this in the next few days!:lol:

They should be called WGOGJJIYE for Wear Glasses or get Jalapeno juice in your eyes.

I have burned myself BBQ'ing but never have I howled more then getting squirted with Jalapeno juice in the eyes. :icon_cool

hey... check out these pork chops i made the other day.

sprouts-003.jpg

doesn't work for ya? hmmmm, me either. they are what they are.

whew...you guys are awful hard on the new guy. Don't sweat it NEQ, you can call them anything you like to your family, but they'll always be ABT's.

I still haven't told my MIL what the ABT stands for. she's just a little uptight. I just told her "you don't want to know", when she asked.

Response to All

Hi Everyone,

Wow a lot of respones from everyone. Thanks for the feedback from all. A lot of people stated that they change the name when they cook this for friends, family and customers which shows that I am not totally of base.

Some specific feedback to the following:

Meat Burner:

You Stated: "Not wanting to be an a$$ but you don't have the right to change the original cooks from the brethren"

Response: I am not not an official name changer on this site and realize I don't have this right and I promise not to try and start any name changing petitions here. I was just curious if others felt the same as I did - so asked the question.

Desert Dweller:

You Stated: "New England...Heartland of BBQ Country (not)
New Member...Wants to change a staple

hmmm, wait awhile b-4 you try to change our world..."

Response: I may live in New England but I sure know what taste good and will not hold back opinions cause of where I live.

I may be a new member, but I love this site and don't plan on going anywhere and don't plan on holding back because I'm new. Sometimes a fresh perspective can be invaluable.

However, I do have the utmost respect for all the Brethrens on this site and the wonerderful culture, experience and BBQ featured here.

Ricks Tropical Delight:

Saw your pictures of your "chops" and laughed my a$$ off.....

Thanks to all...

sorry about that. i think i'm having a reaction to my meds :biggrin:

I learned about ABT's from this site and they are outstanding. Everyone loves them including myself. However, Atomic Buffalo Turds is not the most appetizing name for something so delicious. How about APB's Atomic Pepper Bombs... any other ideas??

New England,
I read the question and I have to say I was a little disappointed in the tone of some of the responses. Sorry if it seemed like everyone was getting upset or piling on. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BRETHREN and there wasn't anything out of line with your original question. The name is what it is. No more, no less.

This is a great site and don't let this change how you feel about it. Welcome aboard.

Here's the deal NEQ. If you had said "how about something I can call them at home." You would not have gotten the response you received.

The difficult part, sometimes, about forums, email and other forms of electronic communication is that they don't always convey our exact thoughts. That may have been the case with your original post.

I may be a new member, but I love this site and don't plan on going anywhere and don't plan on holding back because I'm new. Sometimes a fresh perspective can be invaluable.

However, I do have the utmost respect for all the Brethrens on this site and the wonerderful culture, experience and BBQ featured here.

And I'm sure everyone here has the utmost respect for you. Certainly no one has any reason to have otherwise.

But, as I'm sure you know, tradition is a huge part of the BBQ world and sometime, well maybe lots of times, members get a little riled up when it appears to them that those traditions are being changed or bent a little. A little sensitive? Probably, but that's just who we are.

New England,
I read the question and I have to say I was a little disappointed in the tone of some of the responses. Sorry if it seemed like everyone was getting upset or piling on. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BRETHREN and there wasn't anything out of line with your original question. The name is what it is. No more, no less.

Watertowerbbq. You have no reason to be disappointed in anyone. There were no responses out of line. Strong opinions? Yes! But certainly not piling on.

Yes, we are Brethren. And if you have a brother, in real life, you know that sometimes simple discussions can get a little heated. It's the same way here. And because we ARE Brethren we can voice our opinions in a strong manner without fear of being called out on it.

As long as strong opinions are voiced in a manner that is not disrespectful then it's okay. No one called NEQ out. No one called him a name. They just voiced, a strong opinion, on what they thought of his original post.

If you want to see what can happen read the thread on "buying a gallon of liquid smoke." That didn't happen here.

Back