Ohio Q freak!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StayDown

Hello all,

I just found this place and love what I have seen so far. My name is Turk and I am a Q lover. I watch everything I can on TV about BBQ and eat as much of it as possible. I am hoping to one day actually own a smoker and start cooking and work my way into competitions.

I will be looking to see if there are any local teams that would allow me to "mentor" with them so I can get a feel for what competition Q cooking is all about.

I look forward to posting more and hopefully I will either build or buy a smoker soon and producing my very own Q for once!

Welcome. Glad you found your way here. We look forward to getting to know you.

Take a look at the UDS thread, if you haven't already, for a great way to get to smoking quickly and economically.

Welcome, I'm sure some of our Ohio brothers will speak up about mentoring, we're real friendly so don't hesitate to ask questions or post and we LOVE pictures :biggrin:

cooltext90275887.gif

Welcome aboard, Turk.

If building your own and Ugly (NTTAWWT) is your thing, look into building a UDS from a 55 gallon barrel. If store-bought is your thing, I recommend looking into a WSM.

Welcome, now pull up a stump and take a load off!!!

I think Bob (ChineseBob) is running a UDS build in Dayton some time soon. I would contact him and see if you can get into it. A UDS (Ugly Drum Smoker) is one of the simplest, easy to run, and inexpensive smokers around. You could be smoking your meat sooner than you know!

Howdy fellow Buckeye!:-D

If you want to learn more about Q'n, you found the right place!!

If all the right pieces fall into place I should be competeing in Kettering next month. You would be welcome to hang with my team and I'm sure there are a few others too.

Here is a link to the competition.

Jim (Rolling Smoke) put on a really nice comp last year. Very nice park like setting and lots of shade. Wonderful service to the competitors as well.

Pull up a stump and stay a while.

Post often and most importantly, ask questions when you have them.

WELCOME!!:-D

Hey Brother Turk, I second the idea that you check ChineseBob's thread regarding the UDS build class he is putting on. He's a great guy, and though I don't have a UDS, I am impressed by them.
Also, ZBQ is a great guy, and if you can hang with him at a comp it would be a smart thing to do, escpecially if you luck into a slice of the "Ultimate Breakfast Fatty".
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back