Top 100 BBQ sauces of the world?

I haven't tried Sweet Baby Rays yet. But I agree with them that Blues Hogs belongs at the top.

big pappas country kitchen my man " dana hillis" scored very well along with kenny nadeau " uncle kennys. both have awesome rubs as well. although i am partial due to taking dana's cooking class. bubba q sauce right there with them. taste and glazes very well

Greetings,

Personally, I have found Sweet Baby Ray's unremarkable. It is mass-marketed and available at supermarkets all over New England. Maybe I'm missing something?

Little Dick

BH Tenn Red makes #2 but original not on the list?

I used to enjoy SBR, but it's loaded with high-fructose corn syrup, so we won't touch it anymore. Sold out to be cheap and unhealthy an un-natural. Just my humble
opinion, of course. But that HFCS is evil.

I guess it all boils down to individual tastes. Most 'regular/common' folks like the super sweet sauces like SBR. I like my sauces to be balanced and compliment the meat not overwhelm it.

BH Tenn Red makes #2 but original not on the list?

Oops, I missed seeing that it's the BH red! What were they thinking? The original should have been #1. I guess SBR made #1 only due to it's large retail sales. Albertsons sells them here. That's doesn't make it the best tasting.

What??? A list of the Top 100 BBQ Sauces in the world, and BigButz BBQ sauce is not even on the list?

I can't imagine how one could even make such a list. I read their criteria, and even that seems to be subjective.

IE:
3.Teams winning with the sauce
4. Overall Reputation

Interesting read, but not sure I follow their logic or conclusions

I don't use sauce on my Q that often but when I put out sauce for the fam and friends I like SBR Sweet and Spicey version but I like to kick the spice part of it up a notch. There are others I like too but I just don't use it often enuff to keep my pantry stocked with variety.

+ 1 SBR is to sweet for me also, maybe it is all HFCS.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Good BBq don't need no sauce! Looking to throw a beard on your Q at the raunt Bubba?:-D

Yeah, I'm from Chicago, so I often get SBR for around a dollar a bottle (the smaller one), so I often do taste tests between all the flavors. The original is definitely the best of the bunch.

That said, their are at least 50 sauces I will reach for before I go for the SBR. It just seems really one dimensional and sweet (really just sweet) to me.

But I think a lot of people buy it because it has a cool name. That's marketing for ya.

I don't understand SBR getting #1. My family likes it a lot, but I've never thought it anything special, especially not #1 in the country.

From the bottom of the web page, cut & paste.

Criteria
  1. Competition’s Won
  2. Total Retail Sales
  3. Teams winning with the sauce
  4. Overall Reputation
  5. Number of places stocked internet and retail
It goes in descending order competitions won is first Blues Hog is #1 with all the teams but Sweet Baby Ray’s is being used to win competition’s and is stocked in every major grocery chain in the country and Canada so that gave it the edge.

I myself like Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle sauce, but only use it on a few meats---brisket gets no sauce and that is what I que the most.

When I saw SBR at #1, I was expecting to see KC Masterpiece or Kraft in second position. Seeing SBR at #1 pretty much made me want to stop reading right there.

Back