Pizza on the egg, round 2. Success!

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
After marginal results the other day, I gave pizza another try today. Came out way better and was surprisingly much easier. Thanks to John (R2Egg2Q) for loaning me his Pizza Peel. It made all the difference in the world.
I used trader Joe's wheat dough, Pepper Jack cheese and Parmesan to go with the artichoke hearts, Italian sausage, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes. For the sauce I got a can of S&W crushed tomatoes (with Oregano and Basil), ran it in the blender with 1-2 T garlic.

I put my baking stone on top of the Platesetter (legs down) and let the temp stabilize to 500 degrees for 15-20 minutes while I was getting the dough ready. I put the pie crust on the stone and let it cook for about 4 minutes until the top started to firm up. Then I loaded the ingredients and let it cook at 450 for about 12 minutes.

Attachments

• just in small.jpg
    just in small.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 173
  • Fresh out small.jpg
    Fresh out small.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 173
  • half gone small.jpg
    half gone small.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 173
Looks like one heck of a pie there my friend :thumb:, but where's the beer :shock:

Looks good, did the dough cook all the way through?

It did because I made sure it was pretty cooked before I loaded the stuff onto it. I used too much of the tomato sauce and the crust got a little soggy after it sat on my counter for awhile. The wheat crust seemed to cook way better that the plain dough. Go figure!

Long time I've seen a good pizza like that...
Excellent work!

looks great to me, my only word of advice, i've been a pizza man for over 10 years, go light on the cheese and sauce and you'll have a much crispier pizza, sometimes less is more.

congrats! i've tried pizza a couple times and it was just ok. i think i wasn't doing it right, so i must try again.

yours looks great!

that looks better than any pizza I've had at restaurants. Do you deliver?

Back