THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticks-n-chicks

Full Fledged Farker
Some may or may not know this but SNC got our first first place call, this past weekend in Topeka, in Brisket. With it came a trophy proudly on the mantle (for now) so on to the funny part...My seven year old daughter who won more money and trophies then we did last year, asked to see it. She read it and said WOW Dad you got first...now you've won more than me this year...my wife without missing a beat said you still have him beat you had 2 firsts and a second last year...then my daughter asked if I had earned more money than she did last year...how dare she...needless to say my wife and I fell over laughing.

My daughter STILL rubs it in our face that she's won more Kids Qs than we have Grands. Little snot! I'm catching up to her though...

Congrats on the "first" first!!

My 8 year-old daughter has taken part in two comps...has walked in every category she's cooked in (were GC in our first comp together). I keep trying to tell her that this doesn't happen every time out. The pressure to perform is gonna make me lose the rest of my hair!!!

Back