myrons hog injection

bluzieq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Don't really want to start a mm bash,but I used his injection and added some of our rub,and worchestershire . I sold all the butts so I did not get to taste, which made me real nervous,but so far everyone has said they were really juicy and good.I was nervous abt all the sugar but tasting it after it cooled wasn't so sweet. Anyone have input on the meat? Sure wish I saved one for me.

I have used MM's hog injection recipe as noted in his first book (apple juice, vinegar, salt, sugar, and without the MSG) and also condensed down for backyard use in his second book. I injected two 8 lb butts and smoked them this past weekend with really good results. By comparison, I have also used Chris Lilly's. Honestly I have had good results with that one as well. I wouldn't say either one gives the meat an a "sweet" taste
If you are concerned about not being sweet enough to your likeness, I would ask what your rub consist of mainly (more salty or sweet?) and how much Worcestershire you are using? Worcestershire can really overpower if your portioning is not in line with the rest of your mixture.

I have used the original MM injection quite a few times and with the tenderizer added etc all my PP disappeared. I cooked 2 butts last week without it and major difference. I don't think the MM injection did much to add flavor, but it certainly made it more moist and tender

I was afraid it would be too sweet, I cut the recipe in half and only used a Tablespoon of worchestershire .my rub is on salty side. So far everyone liked it and they all said it was moist. Wish I had save myself one.

I used to use his all the time, and loved the flavor it gave. I've since created my own, but used his numerous times and everyone always loved it.

I've also used the MM injection before with good success. I don't recall the receipe off the top of my head. I think I cut the salt in half because I thought it called for a lot of salt, but I could be mistaken. I often reduce the salt in a lot of things that I cook. I guess it could have been the sugar that I cut.

Either way, I really like the injection.

Back