1st. Turkey on the Performer

Sunra

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This was the first time I did a turkey on the performer. I brined the turkey for 24 hours in Apple Cider, cup of Jim Beam, Brown Sugar, Salt, Onions, Green Pepper, Celery, Lea n Perrins, Black / Red Pepper and Dried Mint. I stuffed the cavity with apples onions and green pepper. It came out moist and very favorable.
TrmRc6yunLl0H8pZyWaqNA
IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3837.JPG

IMG_3839.JPG

IMG_3840.JPG

IMG_3841.JPG

zZ4NJXcxir165OTiKuE1ug

9zoi6k-0N2-1P9jRLNzj0w
I forgot my camera son no pics of the dinner table.
Thanks for looking.

Nice bird! What are the last two pics? I get red x's.

Nice bird! What are the last two pics? I get red x's.
Hmmm.... no red x on my side the last two pics are another pic of the turkey and a pic of the wine I was drinking

I see five pictures. The bird looks great! How was the Shiraz? I haven't tried that one yet.

I see five pictures. The bird looks great! How was the Shiraz? I haven't tried that one yet.
The Shiraz was great wish I had more. :-D Very nice

I thought that you put coals on both sides of the bird so it cooks both sides equal.How oftan did you turn it.Looks like it came out perfect.

I thought that you put coals on both sides of the bird so it cooks both sides equal.How oftan did you turn it.Looks like it came out perfect.
I turned it after about an hour. I didn't notice either side being any drier than the other. The total cook time was 2 hours and 45 minutes. The temp at the thigh was 170 degrees. The average temp at grill was between 375 & 400. I could have pulled it at 160 but was pre-occupied with a bottle of Shiraz LOL. It was moist and had a nice hickory smoke flavor.

I turned it after about an hour. I didn't notice either side being any drier than the other. The total cook time was 2 hours and 45 minutes. The temp at the thigh was 170 degrees. The average temp at grill was between 375 & 400. I could have pulled it at 160 but was pre-occupied with a bottle of Shiraz LOL. It was moist and had a nice hickory smoke flavor.
I get distracted with the fire water all the time.that was one quick bird.I have only done two turkey's on the bbq and both were great,I cant look back now

Back