Cookshack AmeriQue Smoker Oven

rabeb25

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever used one?

I really want to have an inside operation (well garage)especially with winter right around the corner. I am thinking about ditching my large egg with a digiQ in favor of this. Any one have any insights for me?

My wife really struggles getting things setup if I am at work on the EGGs, I think it would be way easier for her to use this. That and when we entertain, it all simply does not, and I need to cook food days in advance. At the rate I go though lump, it just seems to be easier and cheaper.

thanks
Bryan

I have a cookshack smokette 08 and it works great. The capacity is quite a bit less than the amerique but the concept is the same. Fair warning, though. Your Q will not taste the same as it does on your egg. You will get the smoke flavor but not a smoke ring or charcoal taste. The only way you can use it inside is if you vent it. They are very well insulated and have no trouble working in rough weather(as long as the power doesn't go out:rolleyes:). I have a smokette, a UDS, and a WSM and I use them all. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Steve

I was just going to mention that you would still need to vent it... but I know there are several Smokette owners on here that LOVE them.

You could also go FEC100 and vent it as well.... I can attest to their capabilities. You cant go wrong with Cookshack either way, IMHO. The folks there are very nice as well...

I have been using a CS055 for years, and it turns out good 'que, especially when you are strapped for time and you need to "set it and forget it". Additionally, if you are looking for a smoke ring, toss a couple of briquets in with your wood and you will get one.

When you use this thing you will then cease to be making BBQ. You will have smoke flavored meat with a heat ring. Gas models are only marginally better as the water burned off creates something "like" a smoke ring.

I would not say this if you were not considering buying one... thinking I could prevent you from doing this. As for those that already have one... I offer my apologies if I have offended.

I once sued a business partner for insisting on using one of these things.

%^

I own a smokette and love it.
Im not big on the smoke ring one way or another.
My son and son in law have theCS mod. 50's.
They absolutely love them.
I love my Klose Pits, but can set the smokette outside during a bad snow storm and know things will turn out fine.
I take it to fish camp and do brisket flats for the gang.
Were lucky to have electricity at our campground.

If your going to purchase a CS Amerique, there are places that sell them cheaper than CS.
Shoot me a pm if you would like more info.

Bryan,
I own 2 Cookshacks and have nothing but great things to say about the company and their smokers. They produce great BBQ.

Notice the gear the above what BBQ Bull has... a Klose.... one of the finest apparatuses out there for putting out Q. Don't listen to him I tell you, its a plot....he is purposely trying to get you to buy one of these electrics so that he will continue to make better BBQ than someone with a CS. He is mis-advising you so that he can continue his superior BBQ monopoly. In fact, its probably a conspiracy, I see that he "claims" to have a cookshack and lists it probably realizing that his plot would be more easily executed having said he had purchased one. I mean what do we really "know" about this guy? :p

Buy a Spicewine or a Stumps. You STILL will be able to make real BBQ on those that's almost as good as a stick burner and a HELL of a lot easier and more efficient. Of course Cookshack's customer service is good... its part of the plot... when making an item that does not make actual BBQ you need to compensate by being good to your customers.

Of course I am being sort of silly here but I can say one thing... I can spot Cookshack Q several ways, first I usually smell it from the start when I go into a place that uses them exclusively before I even step up to the counter. Second, if you were to blindfold me I could pick it out in a tasted test. And third, if you were to only show me the product I could pick it out without tasting it as long as there was no sauce. So, I ask, why would you want to use something that makes BBQ like that? You're going from an egg to that? I predict if you buy it you'll be dissatisfied, then you go through denial, and then "they" will call. The people who are in on this plot. They will suck you in... you'll try to get out but they will keep sucking you in.

Pitmaster "T"

@%

Cookshack's customer service is good... its part of the plot... when making an item that does not make actual BBQ .......

The judges at the Royal sure think Cookshack can cook "real" BBQ since their choice for the Invitational Grand Champion smoked on a Cookshack! :grin: The plot thickens.

For what you want to do with it, and I can relate-my wife will not go near any of my cookers, the Weber Genesis is HERS! But if I setup the chip box on the Smokette 008 and ask her to turn the knob to *250, I don't get any static, and when I get home or wake up, we'll have Q ready. I could care less about the smoke ring at home and with Winter coming on and daylight getting shorter, hell yes, it'll make your life easier! Its probably an ideal size too. Its not a Klose or an Egg, but what I'm hearing is that it will be hers? She just may take to it and a Fast Eddy could be on the horizon for you. You should plan on venting it if you use it in the garage.

Notice the gear the above what BBQ Bull has... a Klose.... one of the finest apparatuses out there for putting out Q. Don't listen to him I tell you, its a plot....he is purposely trying to get you to buy one of these electrics so that he will continue to make better BBQ than someone with a CS. He is mis-advising you so that he can continue his superior BBQ monopoly. In fact, its probably a conspiracy, I see that he "claims" to have a cookshack and lists it probably realizing that his plot would be more easily executed having said he had purchased one. I mean what do we really "know" about this guy? :p

Buy a Spicewine or a Stumps. You STILL will be able to make real BBQ on those that's almost as good as a stick burner and a HELL of a lot easier and more efficient. Of course Cookshack's customer service is good... its part of the plot... when making an item that does not make actual BBQ you need to compensate by being good to your customers.

Pitmaster "T"

@%

Sir your education has far exceeded your intelligence!:roll::roll::roll:

i have a cookshack. it is very convenient. it enables me to enjoy the party the day of as suppose to being tired from the night before tending the fire for a boston butt.

22800752.jpg

Just curious, what will you use when you want to cook a steak?​

I have a Cookshack 008 as well and really like it!! Especially when the snows blowin and I want to Q some meat!! Recommend them highly!

22800752.jpg

Just curious, what will you use when you want to cook a steak?​

Wayne, someday I will have a BGE, now I struggle with a gasser.
When I do get one, I will be contacting for your Thirdeye eggcessories.

Sir your education has far exceeded your intelligence!:roll::roll::roll:

Considering my Intelligence and education on this matter, I don't see how I could be more right. I am glad you agree...so... its time to get rid of that cookshack. I own a company that disposes of them. Please PM for shipping info.

Considering my Intelligence and education on this matter, I don't see how I could be more right. I am glad you agree...so... its time to get rid of that cookshack. I own a company that disposes of them. Please PM for shipping info.

Im sure you do!

I have an Amerique and love it. If you want a smoke ring put 2 or 3 pieces of charcoal in the woodbox. It works for me.

Back