13.25 Brisky

tommykendall

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Rested, Rubbed, and nearly ready to load. Waiting for the WSM to hit temp before locking it in. This is one is an absolute beauty - one of the best i've ever seen - actually called my name while walking past it. Perfect fat cap, maybe maybe 1/4", and only had about 1/4# fat if that to trim off the point. Nice thick uniformly fat flat, not much thinner than the point. Will do some sliced flats and burnt ends for the game tomorrow amongst many other tasty treats. Ciao!!

Yep, I have to fire up the WSM later tonight as as well. I have a 12 pounder that is not quite as nice as yours sounds TK. Skinny flat. You getting started just a little bit early?

TK- where'd you pick this bad boy up?

S&F - been on 10 hours now, WSM cranked all night in a range of 237-252. JUst about ready to lift the lid for the first time!!

... at least 3-4 hours away. the thing is completely swelled up

WSMs are truly remarkable cooking machines. This thing has been going for 13.5 hours running now at 250.

I'd take a photo of the brisky but it now has a crutch around it.

14 hours - just poked it with a probe. 185 in the point, 180 in the flat. Not quite there - didn't slide in like butter.

I thought you would have had some blue points flown in for the game to steam with some old Bay.:biggrin:

Just put the burnt ends on and the flat back into the cooler. Snapped some pictures also but it probably wont be until tomorrow before I post them due to the game.

The game doesn't start for three hours. Sounds like plenty of time to post pictures. :-D :-D :-D

The game doesn't start for three hours. Sounds like plenty of time to post pictures. :-D :-D :-D
Lloyds_RSP_beefBrisket_lg.jpg

Back