Different rib seasoning.

HoosierTrooper

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Had a couple racks of loin back ribs in the freezer for awhile so I decided to try a couple different seasonings today. I usually use TexasBBQ rub but today I covered one rack with Weber N'Orleans Cajun and the other with Weber Chicago Steak. The Cajun ribs were pretty good but I was really surprised at how well the Chicago Steak tasted on the ribs. They were cooked with apple wood and Rancher charcoal.

Nothing earth shattering but a nice change in flavor. Gonna try the Chicago Steak on a butt next time.

Had a couple racks of loin back ribs in the freezer for awhile so I decided to try a couple different seasonings today. I usually use TexasBBQ rub but today I covered one rack with Weber N'Orleans Cajun and the other with Weber Chicago Steak. The Cajun ribs were pretty good but I was really surprised at how well the Chicago Steak tasted on the ribs. They were cooked with apple wood and Rancher charcoal.

Nothing earth shattering but a nice change in flavor. Gonna try the Chicago Steak on a butt next time.

Is that the same rub they hand out in packets at the Weber Grill Restaurant?

I've had it on chops and it is good.

Pretty cool marketing idea, you get the packets when you leave to try at home

Bill, I don't know. I picked these up at WalMart for $2 and some change for 6 ounce bottles. I've used the Chicago Steak on brisket and liked it but never on pork before.

Thanks for the tip on the rubs. Never tried any of the Weber spice rubs. Might have to give them a try now.

Must have been snowing pretty bad when you took those pics! :biggrin:

Actually it rained on and off most of the day but I have my grills inside a two story, ventilated building so they stay dry. I got a little damp sprinting through the yard to check things though.

I like the Weber Sweet & Tangy BBQ on grilled boneless, skinless breasts.
I saw that and a Mesquite flavor also. Gonna try them next. Tried my hand at making my own rubs and failed miserably so I'm gonna stick to buying commercial products.

I don't like to make my own rubs either, and like you will just use a commercial blend. I never thouyght top use a steak blend on anything other than beef. Maybe I have missed out and A LOT.

Actually it rained on and off most of the day but I have my grills inside a two story, ventilated building so they stay dry. I got a little damp sprinting through the yard to check things though.

I think what Norco's trying to say is........

Attachments

• memento.jpg
    memento.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 89
Oh I knew what he meant, I just didn't think a picture of a couple racks of ribs with steak seasoning on them would be all that exciting. And it was raining and all.

Oh I knew what he meant, I just didn't think a picture of a couple racks of ribs with steak seasoning on them would be all that exciting. And it was raining and all.

Sorry, had to do it!! :biggrin::wink:

I picked up an 11 lb brisket at Sams that I'm gonna do on the WSM tonight. To make amends for my oversight I'll try to document this one with pictures.

On a side note Sams had a big display of Weber rubs and spices set up by the meat dept. They have a regular BBQ , chicken and salmon rubs, just to name a few. They also have several of them in grinder type containers so you can customize the size of the pieces. Weber really seems to be jumping into the market. They were $4.88 for a 14.5 ounce bottle.

Bill, I don't know. I picked these up at WalMart for $2 and some change for 6 ounce bottles. I've used the Chicago Steak on brisket and liked it but never on pork before.

I've gotten the packs Bill is talking about when I've gotten up to Chicago and I've bought the WalMart bottles and I can say, yes, they are the same. :cool:

True sign of a Brethren Armature. We live for Pron.

Been looking at those Weber seasonings in our local store lately. Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a try.

Back