THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cholloway

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Colin
Around here if a BBQ joint doesn't offer Brunswick Stew it ain't a BBQ joint.
I had some leftover beef from a roast I did a couple of days ago and some pork from a small butt from yesterday.
Today I grilled a couple of chicken breasts and only ate one.
"I need to make some Brunswick Stew" I said to myself.
Go online looking for "easy" recipes and most of them start out with a 24 oz. can of Castleberry's Brunswick Stew. WTF!!!

I got a can of creamed corn, 'bout 1/4 cup of KC Masterpiece sauce, some Worchestershire sauce and a lot of catsup.
Chopped the beef, pork & chicken. Mixed the meat and other ingredients in a crock pot and let it heat for 2-3 hours. Added a little ginger ale to thin.

What I ended up with was pretty good and very close to other stews I've had before.

Just to show it happened...

stew4.jpg

Looks yummy. I always vacuum freeze my pulled pork, chicken, beef leftovers and use them for brunswick stew. Probably my favorite use for leftover meat.

Back