UDS is now complete

Mr_Clean

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Finished the UDS yesterday (finally). Going to smoke a chicken tonight... It's in the brine now. Would it be better to cut it in half or set it up on a beer can rack (or does it really make a difference)?

I have some cherry to mix in the basket. Any suggestions on what to rub on the bird?

Thanks,

-Scott

v

Spatchcock it!! Cut the back bone out and lay it flat skin side up 300+ degrees. I like to flip skin side down once the breast hit an internal temp of 160 to let the skin crisp while it rises to 165.

For the rub, depends on what you have in the brine. Be careful not to over salt it with the rub and the brine.

definitely do a spatchcock or 1/2 spatch. I like to rub mine with either olive oil, salt and lemon pepper or plowboys yardbird.

You're gonna love cooking on your drum!

Looks great! :eusa_clap Can't wait to see some chicken pron! Where did you find the lid with three exhausts?

I made the other two exhausts. Found an old kettle on Craigslist with the 3 intakes on the bottom. Popped two off and mounted them on the lid to try to even out the heat.

Back