Roll Call. Inside 30 days. US BBQ $100,000 Championship In Little Rock, AR

I'd love to make it just to watch and maybe lend a hand with someone, but I'm going to be in Miami all week for work. I just checked flights and I'd be flying all day friday. The only tickets that get me to Little Rock at a reasonable time are much more money than I can spend.

Sorry you cannot make it Doughboy, lucky for me Little Rock is only a 40 minute drive from my front door so if I am alive and well I will be there, hope to see some of the other Brethren.

Paul

I'd love to make it just to watch and maybe lend a hand with someone, but I'm going to be in Miami all week for work. I just checked flights and I'd be flying all day friday. The only tickets that get me to Little Rock at a reasonable time are much more money than I can spend.

Sorry you cannot make it Doughboy, lucky for me Little Rock is only a 40 minute drive from my front door so if I am alive and well I will be there, hope to see some of the other Brethren.

Paul

Yeah, between hotel, flights, cars, etc. I can't see spending over a grand to attend the event on Saturday.

Lucky you, you're right in the heart of BBQ and comps. I have two within a short distance of me. Everything else requires a day driving trip and a hotel at the least.

Esp. until I find out if works shipping me out Will know more probably later today on that front

Will arrive Thursday night. Last I heard there were 133 teams.

wow thats it? I would have thought they would have hit 250 teams.

I'm not surprised. It's early in the season, Arkansas is a long pull for a lot of folks, the entry fees are very high, and Mr. Cates has rubbed a few of the big names on the KCBS circuit the wrong way.

Still, don't forget a lot of teams wait to send in their applications at the last minute, so you'll probably see that number rise a good deal.

I'm planning to hitch a ride with another team as dish washer to check out the Megashow for myself, though the distance and cost was too great for my own team to sign up.

I'm not surprised. It's early in the season, Arkansas is a long pull for a lot of folks, the entry fees are very high, and Mr. Cates has rubbed a few of the big names on the KCBS circuit the wrong way.

Still, don't forget a lot of teams wait to send in their applications at the last minute, so you'll probably see that number rise a good deal.

I'm planning to hitch a ride with another team as dish washer to check out the Megashow for myself, though the distance and cost was too great for my own team to sign up.

For the record, I've got no dog in the Cates/KCBS hunt. Most of the so called big names I've heard of are going.

Hope the weather is nice and warm. It has been crazy the last couple of weeks here in Little ROck.

Chris

Ill be there taking it all in relaxing hopefully not in my insulated carharts but the way this weather has been all winter. Oh plowboy who is gleek that's was the wonder twins pet.

Back