***build thread***live fire rotisserie drum***first cook pron

Did you use a lid at all during the cook?

Thanks Ninja. I have a CB rotisserie on its way and want to try it without the kid first. I figure it would be a better show haha

Most of what I'm reading show that most spin with the lid on. Nice to know it can work either way.

Update *** weber ring adapted

Well ebijack came through again. He welded some tabs on the roto ring for me and now it fits the drum, no clamp needed.

Thanks Tom

Still fits the kettle

(Can you spot my new helper? )

Lets cook!

I marinated 4 chicken thighs in shack attack sauce and rubbed it with Rufus Teague meat rub then loaded em up ib the Menards roto basket

Spinning over wood. Note i updated the fire basket. This No-build is coming along nicely.

While it was cooking i made some coleslaw with Hit me Fred mustard bbq sauce. Oh yea

Chicken is done

Looks great ninja-son! I'm doing drummies tomorrow for my parents...should be a good treat for them.

I wanna see a wood feeder door mod.
Here is my first attempt. Using stuff I had laying around. If I would have bought some over center latches, the door would have sealed perfect. But I didn't, so the loose fitting latches required sealing with high temp furnace cement I had. Works and seals great. I was in a rush to try it and did not let the furnace cement fully cure. Finished curing during my first cook :crazy:
Fire shuts right down. Good access to add wood to the basket. Stayed between the barrel ribs for easier sealing.

SmokeNinja might be getting this mod soon :heh:

Back