Tailgate Breakfast ideas???

G

GridironGriller2

Ideas, Thoughts, Suggestions,

Kickoff is 12 noon Sat. We are setting up Friday night and start having fun as usual that afternoon. What are some ideas for brunch/breakfast items. Time issues ... can not start prior to 8am Sat to cook (can prep ahead of time) must be finished by 10:30 - 11:00am. Equipment we have.... 2 UDS, 2 22.5 Webers, 2 Coleman cook stoves (eyes only no griddles), and turkey fryer. Like to keep budget low. Any ideas on what to do that is different???

Smoke some breakfast link sausage. Cook a fatty and crumble into white country gravy, serve over toast or biscuits.
Maybe breakfast fatties with scrambled egg stuffing.
Kielbasa slices wrapped in bacon, or ABTs to wake you up.
Slice potatoes lengthwise, season and grill with onion slices.
You can grill some peaches, pineapple or watermelon.
You could make grits or cream of wheat with the fryer.
You can toast bread over one of the burners. You can cook biscuits in pie pans, Cowgirl style.

You could always have cereal. I like Frosted Flakes with half a banana sliced up in the bowl.

I like smoked pork chops hash brownes scrambled eggs ----toast with homemade jelly.

Hugh has Great suggestions. I just combined his suggestions and My favorite would be to cook a fatty with with scrambled egg stuffing and crumble it into white country gravy, served over biscuits with sliced potatoes lengthwise, seasoned and grilled with onion slices. Made me hungry.

pancake fatty
blueberry pancake fatty
apple raisin fatty
omelet fatty
fatty fatty

Pick up a copy of Dr. BBQ's NFL Tailgating Cookbook. It's got a lot of good stuff.

Start with Bloody Marys - then go from there.........

Hmmm - turkey fryer. Make some donuts.

But for our games with early kickoff times, I will often make a breakfast dish the night before and reheat it that morning before heading to the tailgate party. This weekend will be breakfast burritos.

Last edited:
We usually try to do really easy stuff for morning games. We get some of those Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits at Costco, wrap em' in foil and let them heat up on the grill.
Then we get creative for lunch.

+1 on the blueberry fatty idea.
Once you serve this, people think you are the greatest chef ever.

Fatties and beer, Fatties and beer, Fatties and beer! :icon_cool

Have you ever tried one of the "all-in-one" breakfast casseroles in a cast iron Dutch oven?

I've had a couple, and they can be very good. Lots of room for improv with various ingredients, and a decent sized DO will feed 10+ people.

The recipe that I like is on the Eggs by the Bay Website/recipe page under the name "D-Bone breakfast". There are a couple of others on the page that look good too.

(Not quite sure about posting a link as I'm still a greenhorn in these parts :oops:- websearch will find it easily enough)

b.o.b.'s -breakfast on a bun.slice of fatty,slices of bacon,hard fried egg,cheese on a hamburger bun.

use the left over beef or pork from the previous afternoon to put into scrambled egg breakfast tacos. with good flour tortillas (buy them at an hispanic grocery) and a comal or griddle the whole meal is easy to make and very tasty.

pre cook potatoes (or use friday left overs) to include with the eggs and meat. take your best bottled or home made salsa to addto the tacos.

down this way, breakfast tacos are a crowd pleaser

use the left over beef or pork from the previous afternoon to put into scrambled egg breakfast tacos. with good flour tortillas (buy them at an hispanic grocery) and a comal or griddle the whole meal is easy to make and very tasty.

pre cook potatoes (or use friday left overs) to include with the eggs and meat. take your best bottled or home made salsa to addto the tacos.

down this way, breakfast tacos are a crowd pleaser
that was my other suggestion. how did i know this came from texas. hehe:eusa_clap

a good salsa is a must.

Back