Need UPC Bar Code help.

Bamabuzzard

is Blowin Smoke!
Hey guys,

I am in the final stages of all the red tape for marketing a bbq sauce. I've got my UPC Code (the number) but how do I go about getting the actual bar code made to put on my label? I've looked on the intra-web and maybe I'm typing in the wrong verbiage but the ony thing that comes up is how to get the UPC Code NUMBER, not the bar code itself.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this? :thumb:

Comment removed

I thought it might be as easy as installing a barcode font, but it looks like a generator utility is the way to go.

Last edited:
Okay, I've got a print out of the barcode. Used one of the above provided sites and saved it on computer. Are the barcodes printed separate from the labels that contain my logo and nutritional information or do I just provide a pic of the barcode to my graphic designer or company that will be printing the label and it will be apart of the label? Thanx.

To be honest, most co-packers and graphic artists should have been able to help you with this and get the code generated and integrated into the design and artwork. It should be integrated into the label in most cases, so giving a JPEG to the designer is the way to go. Some folks keep it seperate, but, then you are adding a second label and more cost

Back