Tequila Lime Chicken with Mango Jalapeno Salsa & Grand Marnier Glaze ~ Cooks Thread for the "Cooked with Booze" TD

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I noticed the "ending soon" warning on the announcement thread for the Booze TD.... so today the wheels went into motion.

My entry is chicken breasts marinated in tequila, lime juice, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin and Oakridge Smoked Chile Lime rub. The chicken is glazed with a mixture of Grand Marnier, lime juice, orange juice and honey. It's served with a Mango/Jalapeno salsa that also has tomato, avocado, onion, lemon juice, and cilantro.

On the side are some Cuban black beans, cooked down with onion, green peppers, garlic, bay leaves, vinegar and salt and pepper.... served over rice.

For cocktails I made a shaker of Cadillac Margaritas using Grand Marnier instead of Triple Sec. These are powerful.... (Pro Tip) don't try these unless you are at home. :twitch: :biggrin1:

Some of the ingredients...

6hhlkQ2.jpg

7zL6ar7.jpg

PitCam shot

bzkDDKJ.jpg

Close up

P3Dz5MD.jpg

Entry photo

MrkWgtq.jpg

Very impressionable,inspiring even.
cocktail looks interesting

Top Shelf!

That Smokey Chile Lime is a big favorite on bird 'round here.

We've always been a fan of higher quality margaritas... more flavor and I can probably only drink 1-2, anyway.

Very impressionable,inspiring even.
cocktail looks interesting

Some 'upper shelf' Margaritas use Cointreau, which they claim is the original French orange liqueur. They are delicious too. Then you can up-grade the tequila and so forth and so on. I like the cognac component of Gran Marnier.

Top Shelf!

That Smokey Chile Lime is a big favorite on bird 'round here.

We've always been a fan of higher quality margaritas... more flavor and I can probably only drink 1-2, anyway.

Agreed, the Smoked Chile Lime really impressed us.

My favorite type of recipe, is one I already have all the ingredients for, and I've got everything in that picture-right down to the de-badged and repurposed Penzeys bottle.

Looking forward to trying this one out, it looks fantastic.

My favorite type of recipe, is one I already have all the ingredients for, and I've got everything in that picture-right down to the de-badged and repurposed Penzeys bottle.

Looking forward to trying this one out, it looks fantastic.

You have a keen eye.

Awesome cook! I really should try making something like that. I have a few picky eaters but all of them would go for that.

I've been using Cointreau for mine with Patron and it's really good. That said, I then discovered Costco's margarita mix which has the tequila in it and haven't made a lot from scratch since. Definitely not as good but the 1.5L bottle is something like $7.85 and on a hot summer day by the pool cheap and convenient tends to win out.

Back