Finally, Some Brisket Pron.

leanza

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Friday night we started with teriyaki beef kabobs and sorry to say no pics. So later that night knowing I would have to prove myself to the Brethern, via pics, I put on a 12.5lb brisket in my WSM at 9:15pm and took that baby out at9:30am

This critter had the best marbling I have ever seen on a brisket. I can still see it clearly even after the smoke. It was so juicy, buttery and flavorfull, I dont think I've ever had better. Click on these pic's to see the close up and you will see what I'm talking about.

I finished off Sunday night smoking tri-tips. It can be done. they really turned out fantastic, but with Image Shack and as long as it takes I'm not gonna spend the rest of the night trying to post those pics.

Finally, I'm working hard with my WSM. With all the chunk I put in there is no reason why I should not have had a better smoke ring on my brisket. I've got more to learn about this cooker but it seems to be the case every time, so far, with the WSM as compared to my horizontal offset.

Byetheway, those pics are after 2.5 hr rest and you can still see how juicy this baby was.:-D :-D

Wonderful looking brisket. The flat section even looks full of juices and melt in your mouth butta. I'm all for a long rest of 2 to several hours - never seems to have adverse consequences. I too have struggled from time to time with a smoke ring on the WSM. I find that trimming the brisket helps but also there's got to be something with the wood.

Wish mine were that juicy. Was it like that when you cut it or did you pour the drippings on it?

Norco, serious, no juices poured, no foil, nothing. Just hit a good one. Came as "choice" in a cryo at a local butcher shop.

I find that trimming the brisket helps but also there's got to be something with the wood.
I found that when I cooked with my old WSM the trick for a nice smoke ring was adding some cherry wood in the mix. All ways seemed to work for good even if it was just one good fist sized chunk.

BTW nice looking brisket there leanza, I cant beleive how moist she stayed. I am hungry again even though I just got done eating dinner :-D

never have a problem with smoke ring in the WSM I usually keep the brisket in the fridge till i stick it in the pit, using hickory/pecan/or mesquite or a combo of the three.
100_0948.jpg

Best looking brisket I have seen in a long time. I'd love the stick that in my box. Any secrets to keep it that moist? Did you inject it?

Looks great! I too have not had problems in the WSM for a ring. How long did it sit out and come up to temp before putting it on the smoker?

Best looking brisket I have seen in a long time. I'd love the stick that in my box. Any secrets to keep it that moist? Did you inject it?

No injection, I didnt open the lid after I put it in until I took it out. No foiling until 190" and into the cooler to rest for 2.5hrs.

I let it come up to room temp before I put it in the WSM. Thanks for all the suggestions about a good smoke ring.

I'd say I just got a very well marbled cut. I'm going to use my local shop more often than chain stores if I can get more like this.

Back