Look what came in the mail this weekend!

silverfinger

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Yep,
I finally ordered some goodies from Big Brother Smoke!
And when I opened the package, I found a pair of gloves in there as well.
Thanks Brother!!! I cant wait to try this stuff out. I have three ribeyes in the fridge Im going to cook up tonight. Any suggestions on what I should try first?
d2721ee1.jpg

My vote is season all or the pecan. I like them both with steaks.

Not sure if you are asking steph, or everyone. But there is my suggestion.

Man it's all good! I did a butt the other night with sweet & spicy and it was perfect! And the blues hog is great on chicks & pork!

Looks like a great delivery, but in case you missed it, Steph sells a few more products you didn't get. :wink:

On ribeyes? I'm a purist with steaks and don't do BBQ rubs. So probably the Season All.

I've enjoyed Sweet and Spicy on butts and ribs. Cherry and Sweet Sensations aren't my favorites. Steph has recommended in the past they they be layered on top of Season All. I think this is better.

Cherry, Spicy Apple, and Sweet Seduction are my favorites, but they are all good.

Last edited by a moderator:
My family loves the Sweet Seduction and Cherry. But you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Ive been tasting all of them and have to say they all taste great!

Anyone try the peppered cow on steaks?

I use twice as much cherry as any of the others... Ordered a 5lb bag of it after emptying the first bottle. Second favorite is peppered cow... great on steaks, burgers and tri tip. Just rubbed a standing rib roast with it...

I love Simply Marvelous rubs, I don't have a favorite. I will need to get more soon

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I did a reverse sear on the ribeyes and put some hickory chunks into the fire.
ja5a3uze.jpg

Cooked them to about 115 and then put them over direct fire and cooked till internal temp of 135. Wrapped in tinfoil and let rest.
6ehuta8a.jpg

These turned out real good. My family and I cut up the 3 steaks so we could all get a taste of the different rubs. All of them had real good flavor but I did go a bit light on the rubs. Next time I will be a little more generous with the rub.

Man it's all good! I did a butt the other night with sweet & spicy and it was perfect! And the blues hog is great on chicks & pork!

I used sweet and spicy on a butt yesterday and it was phenomenal. What a great bark too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ive been tasting all of them and have to say they all taste great!

Anyone try the peppered cow on steaks?

VVVVV:becky:

We just cooked four strips with peppered cow and I found them to be simply marvelous of course :D

We've done this too. Best damn strips I ever had.:thumb::thumb:

And this stuff is KILLER on brisket. Just sayin'...

Back