Pork Loin, Cornbread Salad, Apple Salad

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
These three dishes kinda accidentally came together at the same time but seemed to go good together. The Cornbread Salad and the Apple Salad were actually on the same page of our local newspapers Holiday Recipe Collection of recipes submitted by folks in our community. I didn’t change those a whole lot other than replacing strawberries for the cherries as I hate the ones in a bottle that it called for and we just happened to have enough left over from Sue’s hosting the boys wife’s baby shower. I also added a couple of jalapenos that I did NOT seed and was going to add some drained sauerkraut but didn’t have none except some the bro n law made that was chopped fine in a blender and we thought we needed the shredded. They both are keepers as they are very good, but they also have the advantage of being those kinds of dishes that are best made the day before. Making the Apple Salad to your taste is simply getting enough mayo in it to suit your taste. The Cornbread Salad however is open for a lot of experimenting. Not enough moisture got down to the bottom of the dish where the cornbread was so a couple of ideas come to mind. The dish called for drained / rinsed pintos and we had a container of Sue’s cooked from dried in the freezer and I just couldn’t make my self use them since I was going to drain that good juice out for the recipe. In light of the dish needing more liquid, I think I would have used them with the right amount of the liquid if I had known. Naturally you could also increase the mayo / salad dressing that you top the dish with and get it a little more soupy. Oh, bout forgot about the Pork Loin. It is something I just made off the top of my head and I cooked this before with chops and it turned out good as I remember getting quite a huge compliment from Sue’s Aunt Ruth. I think Qbabe on the BGE forum first posted the Coffee Crusted Pork Tenderloin recipe and I just made mine up on the fly and used some bottled Mole in place of any cocoa or brown sugar and next time I will do the same with the addition of a little brown sugar. The first pic of this meat looks like it’s already been cooked but it was rubbed real good and rested in the fridge for a couple hours before the pic was made. The apples and sweet taters needed to have been parboiled with some brown sugar before stuffing the loin with them and other than cooking the roast to 155 that’s about it.

IMG_5145.jpg

IMG_5148.jpg

IMG_5150.jpg

IMG_5152.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

Now that looks great! Looks good on the Blue Willow plate too. Never have heard of cornbread salad before -- gonna have to look into making some really soon.

Pork loin is one of my most favorite things to eat. Great thing about them too is that they are on sale real cheap at least once a month where I live. I will surely try this recipe the next one I cook.
Thanks for the great idea.:eusa_clap

Back