Brat Kabobs

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This was going to be our Anything But turn in at Marshalltown this past weekend but the rules for the Anything But were strict KCBS rules so the skewers were out. So, we had them for dinner tonight.

I built the kabobs from chunks of brats, onions, red, yellow and green bell peppers. I grill them on the gasser (yeah, I know... I was running out of time) and then glazed them with a beer-whole grain mustard reduction.

PA070473.JPG

PA070476.JPG

PA070478.JPG

Good job Ron. I did some a few weeks ago, but yours look a bit more colorfull and symetrical.

Man those look tasty, I never thought of making kabobs with brats or sausage for some reason...

Great idea RonL!
Man those look good.

Those look great Ron!

Those are some fine looking kabobs Ron. I think I have found my inspiration for dinner tonight.

Yummo!

The skewers considered marking? :roll:

Looks great, and I too had never thought of trying this. But I will now.

Yummo!

The skewers considered marking? :roll:

Why No Skewers?
jon

You can't have anything but the meat (or in the case of Anything But, what ever you are turning in) and proper garnish. Here it is from the KCBS rules...

Entries will be submitted in an approved KCBS
numbered container, provided by the contest organizer.
The number must be on top of the container at turn-in.
The container shall not be marked in any way so as to
make the container unique or identifiable. Aluminum
foil, toothpicks, skewers, foreign material, and/or
stuffing are prohibited in the container. Marked entries
will receive a one (1) in all criteria from all Judges.

The emphasis on skewers is mine, not in the original rules.

Gasser or not those look mighty tasty. I would tear them up all day any day.:eusa_clap

I think you used those skewers just so you could wolf down those great looking Kabobs:lol:

Did these last week with bourbon glaze and they were awesome. Yours look spot on as well.

Back