What do you pay per/lbs for Boston Butt?

Waterboy12

Full Fledged Farker
Just got home from visiting my local SAMs in Matthews, NC and they had bone in Boston butt for $1.69/lbs. That's the best I've seen in a while, including too local butcher shops. What do you usually pay for butt's?

I just paid $1.99 at Harris Teeter in Chapel Hill for Smithfield. You got a good price

Wegman's has them for $1.29/lb. all the time??? We've got Wegman's not too far from me. Gonna have to check on that. Thank you! :thumb:

Wegman's has them for $1.29/lb. all the time??? We've got Wegman's not too far from me. Gonna have to check on that. Thank you! :thumb:

I only found that out a few weeks or so ago.. yes, $1.29 a pound is regular price, at least in MD..

Just looked at the Wegmans local sale flyer, and it has them listed at $1.29 a lb.

Local is southern New Jersey.

Lucky men, God bless American
Here in Beijing we have a little more expensive butt!
But a waiter earns about RMB3000 or US$500 per month, no pension, no medical care, 10 hours a day and 7 days a week. Still the waiter is lucky. A few years ago wedge was just half.

Last week Kroger had them on sale at $1.50 a pound.
The average place here in Michigan is around $1.99 a pound.
If you are doing a large cook I always go to Sam's Club where you get a price break on case lots. Just be sure and call a few days ahead. They always order extra if I am doing a big cook.

Back