Ribs: Wet or Dry?

F

frijole_tex

I just cooked some ribs with a good rub and no sauce. They turned out great. Just curious if the wet are the way to go. Ideas or suggestions?

IMHO, ribs are better dry than wet, tht way I can taste the meat, the smoke, the flavor.

I go medium. I do them pretty much dry and then glaze them at thee end, but not dripping with sauce.

dry rub, but still juicy and they make their own sauce.

Sometimes I make them dry, and other times I make them wet. I like to change it up now and then to keep it fresh. I prefer mostly dry with just a little sauce.

I noticed that this is your second post, and we're glad to have you!! You can also go to the Cattle Call forum and introduce yourself, and get to know some of us at the same time. Please keep posting, and welcome.
Noah

I like ribs with both.Rubbed down and sauced.The sauce sticky, not drippin' off the ribs.

Willy T.

I used to sauce mine but once I heard about the 3-2-1 method I just brush the leftover juice from the foil over the ribs. KYDITD good!

Either dry or glazed like Greg does. I serve sauce on the side for those that like more sauce.

dapittboss said:
Sometimes I make them dry, and other times I make them wet. I like to change it up now and then to keep it fresh. I prefer mostly dry with just a little sauce.

Same here.

We talk about the3-2-1 method here, but I skip the "1" alot and do a 3-3, keep them wrapped and in the cooler.

Sauce is on the table, but rarely used

dry.. light glaze at the end. A little apple juice and turbinado sugar and then put in the hot spot for a few minutes. At times, may add a touch of q sauce to the apple juice. But the final brushing is always a thin glaze.

Hi Tex.
Yep, dry, then a light glaze for the last hour. But I do spray cider vinegar, apple juice, or whatever turns my crank.

dxesmkr said:
I like ribs with both.Rubbed down and sauced.The sauce sticky, not drippin' off the ribs.

Willy T.

What he said.

Sauce on the side.

I like my ribs "Memphis Dry", When you unwrap on 3-2-1, brush on a bit of mop or thinned sauce then a light dusting of fresh rub!!
A little thinned sauce in the foil ain't bad either.
Occasionally I cook a rack nekkid (no rub) just smoke and meat.
Variety is the spice of life!!!

Dry mostly (80% of the time) so I can taste the flavor......very thin glaze on other occasions if majority of guests prefer them.

i just sauced 9 racks and put them back in the smoker for another hour. I will finish on the grill with another light sauce

I don't do the 3-2-1 method for babybacks anyway. I go 4-1-1 with a good spraying of Dr. Pepper and pineapple juice (and a few other ingredients) each hour until wrapping in foil. Sometimes when I pull out of the foil, I'll put a VERY light glaze of Q sauce on the convex side of the meat and let it sit on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes per slab and serve right off the grill. Problem there is that my ribs are falling apart by then, they're so tender. Last time, I just did sauce on the side totally. I'll probably do this more often than glazing them. Got a couple of "best ribs I've had" comments last time!

I do both depending on how i feel that day,but i've cut back to 2-2-1 on baby backs and they are still falling off the bone.I like them more like you would do for a contest but the majority rules.Different strokes for different folks :wink:

Dry rubbed ribs with sauce on the side. Been spraying with apple juice but might have to try Jeff_in_KC's Dr. Pepper and pineapple juice method.

Back