Cuban Sammies From The Weekend--Another One Of My Favorites To Eat

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hit the mountains for some snow again. Got stuck til Monday since the I5 was closed in both direction at Tejon Pass. :clap2::becky:

Some snow pics

UMl9xhvh.jpg

kJwML9ih.jpg

2zVTxw5h.jpg

:twitch::twitch:

Y1DU0Uuh.jpg

Breakfast consisted of some quick ham, eggs and cheese sammiches in different variations daily

UC3pKa4h.jpg

KmebVtyh.jpg

mvzew1vh.jpg

CuKjcSUh.jpg

:thumb:

rfpsVrbh.jpg

Now on to the Cuban sammiches. Started with a pork butt

YJOGemUh.jpg

Made a mojo marinade with garlic, oregano, BPS jalapeno salt, lime, lemon and oranges

kQzBxJch.jpg

Also rubbed the butt in BPS Jalapeno salt

LOpd2kTh.jpg

Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours rotating occasionally

SWkWoKAh.jpg

Set up the PBJ

qf2nSuKh.jpg

Put in the butt

OTKyM1Mh.jpg

And let her purr

Ykk58Cwh.jpg

Just about perfect for slicing

e7nYDewh.jpg

In the meantime sliced off some ham. Gotta get crafty so I used my mandoline which worked perfect :biggrin1:

FhCwR2Rh.jpg

9frGEoQh.jpg

Pork butt ready for slicing

PwGMvLlh.jpg

Tender and moist

csX7Vaph.jpg

Assembly time with swiss, cheddar and mustard on a gutted big roll

YAuXWcah.jpg

Ham and mojo pork roast

tk96cCCh.jpg

This was too good to go into the sandwich :hungry:

mjYbhzsh.jpg

Cut the bigarse sammich in half

FtAMJxAh.jpg

Into a buttered pan

crKlGfbh.jpg

Pressed

Zyf76dTh.jpg

DNtXx1kh.jpg

Served

IAmHeKQh.jpg

Delicious every time

Glq2IwIh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cubans are one my faves and yours looks as good or better than most I’ve had!!

Super stellar cooks lately, you have taken it up a notch, and I did not think that was possible!!

I would not mind being “stuck” in the snow with the PBJ. Muchas Gracias!

That all looks seriously good! Cubanos are one of my favorite uses for our competition pork leftovers!

Holy cow I mean pig, looks amazing Sako.

Cubans are one my faves and yours looks as good or better than most I’ve had!!

Super stellar cooks lately, you have taken it up a notch, and I did not think that was possible!!

I would not mind being “stuck” in the snow with the PBJ. Muchas Gracias!

Thanks Greg! I always take extra food in case and this is the first time I got stuck so it came handy and I'm def not complaining. Better than some folks that had to seek shelter overnight since they got cut off guard.

That all looks seriously good! Cubanos are one of my favorite uses for our competition pork leftovers!

Thanks Ron! Can't get any better use for leftovers than a Cubano.

Making this Tampa boy hungry for some bbq Cubans. Well done sir!

Mighty fine lookin' meal there!

Haven't been stuck at home because of weather for a few years (usually ice storms here that only last a day or two) but it's fun to set my beer outside to cool and make some chili.

That is one one of the 5 top sandwiches in the world! Definitely one of my favorites. Where is the pickle? I love the pickle on it!

Making this Tampa boy hungry for some bbq Cubans. Well done sir!

Thank you!

Mighty fine lookin' meal there!

Haven't been stuck at home because of weather for a few years (usually ice storms here that only last a day or two) but it's fun to set my beer outside to cool and make some chili.

Thanks Charles!

It's been a looooong time for me as well since I know when to skip out but we were all caught off guard in the SoCal mountains. Love chilling the drinks naturally too. :biggrin1:

That is one one of the 5 top sandwiches in the world! Definitely one of my favorites. Where is the pickle? I love the pickle on it!

Good eye! :thumb: It's a must on Cubans. I forgot to get some and was lazy to go down to the town general store to get some. Plus I had a few drinks in me when I realized I was missing the pickle. :wink:

Holy cow I mean pig, looks amazing Sako.

:laugh::laugh: Thanks Bill!

Here I am on Nutrisystem to lose some lb's and there you are cooking and eating that great food like you always do. I hate you......:grin:

You're sure living right, Sako! I always enjoy your posts/pics, besides the awesome food, the scenery is always a mini vacay in my mind! Cheers, my friend!

love me some cuban sammies. Also like your choice of rides too. Ram 2500 mega cab sport package in pearl white??

That's a whole lot of nom nom's right there!

Thank you! :laugh: Yup, down to the color.

I have the 2017 non Mega cab version in pearl white. I traded my 2006 mega cab in for it, but I have to admit miss that extra space found in the mega.

That Cuban looks mighty tasty. Never thought to use a mandolin to slice lunch meat! Pure genius.

another great cook/post, Sako. I haven't had a Cuban in a long time. That looks farkin delicious! I do like the pickles on it, but I would have still devoured that.

Back