No weld Drum basket

Am I still the only one with the ash catcher?

newsmoker4.jpg

newsmoker7.jpg

newsmoker8.jpg

I did mine the same way and added pizza pan. Drilled holes in pan and ran carriage bolts though it with additional nut to hole it in place.

Hey there KY...your grate caught my eye. If you have any of that charcoal basket fencing left, take a piece of it 20" long, bend a 3" flap 90 degrees on each end (U-shaped), fill it full of ABT's and tell us how it works in a new thread. I was wondering if putting a round pepper in a square hole might help with the heat distribution when cooking peppers. I'm thinking it might make a fine, inexpensive ABT rack. :-D

It's how I have been building them lately. Just lift out by pipe. Charcoal basket slodes up and off for dumping.

FREE HANDLE MATERIAL, yup that's right. Probably a bunch in your neighborhood, maybe in your front yard. With all the local and big elections going on, all those politicians have those nice signs on those wire holders. Yup, free for the taking after the elections are done. Get as many as you can.:p

Building my first UDS this weekend. I'm definitely using this great tutorial to make a no-weld basket... however, all of the bailing wire that I've been able to find is galvanized, which I'm not willing to use due to the poison risk. What other type of wire would work here? I have a bit of a thick-gauge copper wire. Is that safe to use?

Also, what kind of wire could I use for the handle?

Building my first UDS this weekend. I'm definitely using this great tutorial to make a no-weld basket... however, all of the bailing wire that I've been able to find is galvanized, which I'm not willing to use due to the poison risk. What other type of wire would work here? I have a bit of a thick-gauge copper wire. Is that safe to use?

In all seriousness....the campaign sign wire would be terrific. :thumb:

Use the stainless steel zip ties to keep the expanded metal on the grate.

Back