Central Alabama hog cook help

OutlawSwine

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is where I should post this or not, so mods feel free to move if necessary.

So here’s the deal.

I have to cook 4 whole hogs, a couple of briskets, some turkey and sides for an upcoming event (Cinco de Mayo – May 5th weekend). Normally anytime we cook for something it’s just me and the wife, but this is something that she can’t help me with (weight of the hogs and she feels like they are staring at her :roll:). So……

Would anyone like to help with this cook?

It will be a Fri night to Sat evening timeframe and will be in the Birmingham Metro area. I will need help Friday evening (around 4pm) trimming, injecting, rubbing, putting the meat on, etc. Friday evening we will also be doing a fish fry. I will need help on Saturday as well (6am – 6pm) with everything from sides to cutting/chopping the meat. You are free to leave after the work on Friday and come back Saturday morning if you prefer (I will be staying). Dinner for Friday and Saturday lunch will be provided.

I will pay $250 for your help. Think of this as a whole hog class. Normally you would have to pay $500 or more to attend a whole hog class, but I’m willing to pay you for this one. :grin: You will be involved in every step of the process and I will give you all the recipes if you would like them. We will be cooking 1 Mojo Cuban style, 1 Carolina style (split back) and 2 “cowboy” pigs along with my competition recipe brisket.

Drawbacks – Not much money, it’s gonna be hot as heck, a TON of work, not much sleep, etc, etc.

This will be at a customer site so ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL or FOUL LANGUAGE. NO EXCEPTIONS - even if the client offers you a beer. My reputation is on the line. If this rule is broken then I will ask you to leave and you forfeit your pay.

I do have one person that *says* he can help, but he is already flaking out on me and I am 99% sure he is going to drop out.

I can get someone else to help, but I thought I would give a Brethren a chance first to see if anyone is interested in making a little side cash and learning how to cook a couple of different style hogs.

I will supply a tshirt that will need to be worn and an apron.

If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to cook a whole hog, here’s your chance.

You knew to pick the weekend with my dad's bday cookout and my anniversary, didn't you.

Good luck.

My iPad does funny things on here, I PM'd you my number, if you didn't get it let me know. I will check this thread.

I'm thinking about it...but I must be honest. I can't be trusted not to curse or drink a beer for two whole days. :laugh:

ok, ok, OK... I can certainly refrain from cursing but I must be allowed to sip a 40 ounce beer from a brown paper bag. :tape:

What about fist fighting and flip-flops? I need to know my limitations here. :biggrin1:

Man i wish i was closer that would be a great time to learn something.. Good luck with the cook.... BBQ UP

Back