DISASTER!.... UPDATE: Long Island judging Class. Need some help.

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Ladies,

I'm cooking for the Grill Kings Judging Class next Saturday and can use a few extra hands. Anyone want to help out either cooking on Friday at my place or to help out on Saturday reheating, making boxes, etc.. drop me a PM or respond here.

thanks!!!

Phil--a great thing to do.
Should be fun (and challenging) to cook "the good, the bad, and the indifferent" on purpose :lol:

I would be there iffin' I could.
Have a great time.

TIM

Yea, Phil, good luck. With all the LawnGuyLand'ers there, you should get some help, I hope.

I'm there Phil. Trusty ol BrooklynQ will be adding his special touches. :twisted:

we need at least 2 more guys!!! . Im moving it here to Qtalk becase of the overwhelming responses :twisted: from the 20+ long Islanders we got...

C'mon u dogs!!! come cook and have a few beers with us.. Friday we'll be cookin in smithtown.. or Saturday morning we need table captains and floor help to assist in the class. :eusa_clap

Phil,

I'd love to help by my schedule is a bit up the air as of today...

Two questions :

1) What time are you starting to cook on Friday ? Would you need help earlier in the AM or later in the day ? Maybe I can take a half day at work but need to get home regular time.

2) What time would you need help on Sat ? I know the class starts at 10 but I might not be able to get there until 11 +/- 30 minutes or so.

I'll be cookin most all day friday, and into friday night. Then saturday, Im sure we can use the help anytime from 10-3.

Phil, I would love to help but, I'll be on the other side of the table. Signed up for the class a long time ago.

I'll make SPECIAL Brisket for you! :twisted:

Working late shift on friday..... but where will it be at on saturday?? that's 4/29 right??

Phil, What time do you figure you will be cooking till on fri night? I am taking the class on saturday but would love to come by fri night

Probably all day, into the night. Heres the list that were cooking. I'll send u my adress.

24 Slabs Baby Back Ribs

20 Half Chicken Breasts

30 Chicken Legs

90 Chicken Thighs

5 Large Pork Butts or 7 Medium Size

4 Large Beef Brisket (whole) or 6 Medium Size

BBQchef33 said:
Probably all day, into the night. Heres the list that were cooking. I'll send u my adress.

24 Slabs Baby Back Ribs

20 Half Chicken Breasts

30 Chicken Legs

90 Chicken Thighs

5 Large Pork Butts or 7 Medium Size

4 Large Beef Brisket (whole) or 6 Medium Size

That takes care of me. what everyone else gonna eat?

I'll be in Smithtown on Friday afternoon.. have to price a job... right off Smithtown Rd/Ave or what ever its called... PM me directions

Phil,

I will be able to help you out at the class on Saturday along with BQ. Figure by 11 AM, but I'll try to get there sooner if possible.

Class starts at 10 - so if you can get there earlier it would be great Vinnie.

sorry boys but i picked up a couple of catering jobs for this weekend so i am unable to help out. I to will be cooking all day friday

WillyB... Trailer the lang over here and cook with us!!.

DEan just dropoped off the stuff...

7 briskets, 6 butts. 200 pieces of chicken and 24 racks of ribs.

Hardware..
BYC
Moab
Hondo
3 WSMs
3 Kettles

would like to get stuff to the site at 9aM saturday.. HOT.

got no plan... so.. lets hear some strategys.

MOAB has huge capacity, easy 6 briskets with 2 shelves left.

Considering doing chicken Saturday morning.. High heat technique has it done in 40 minutes... my daughter complains becase its so juicy, its "gross" becase it squirts.

Back