THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smokeyokie

is one Smokin' Farker
I made bacon wrapped wild duck breast and marinated flank steak fajitas for my early Fathers Day Dinner with my family. Made fresh pico de gallo, fresh guac, and homemade salsa, the only prepared item was the tortillas, and cheese,(the only reason they werent hand made is I dont know how...HINT.. anyone with a tortilla recipe bring it on) Anyway take a look and let me know what you think....Thanks for looking!:hungry: I had these in order and somehow they got jacked up,enjoy!! We did!!!:becky:

Last edited:
That looks good. I am a 3rd generation waterfowl hunter! I have cooked ducks and geese every possible way. I have heard "Are they not greasy?" all my life! I tell them to come over and try it. They ALL say that its awesome! The most important part of waterfowl...or all wild game... is do not overcook. Waterfowl should be pulled with internal temp of 140-150. It should be very pink when cut. I love it....I have one recipie where I cook a whole wood duck on the grill at 500 degrees for about 10 minutes then shut the grill off and leave the duck in till the grill cools.....Barbarian duck is what we call it. It is great but barbarian....no softy's will eat it...I usually serve with red wine and fix everyone plat and tell them I splashed red wine on the duck so they don't know its blood! EVERYONE LOVES IT!:thumb:

thx NOHENS! the duck in the pic looked overcooked on inside but it was pink and juicy... they were mallard...and they were fantastic!!!:thumb:

thx NOHENS! the duck in the pic looked overcooked on inside but it was pink and juicy... they were mallard...and they were fantastic!!!:thumb:

I hope you didn't think I was saying you overcooked it? I was just saying how I always cook it. That looked good...but go too long and its like shoe leather! Thats all looks LARAPIN! Now I'm excited for fall to fill the freezer back up!

Back