NJ State Championship 7/24-25

S

SmokeInDaEye

For those not attending Harpoon this year, I just received my application for the second annual Blues and BBQ Festival at the Monmouth Country Fair, July 24-25, a NJ State Championship.

This was a very cook friendly contest last year (despite a no liquor policy) with some good prize money. Note that since this is held on the grounds of a HUGE fair (swimming pigs and chainsaw carving included), space is extremely limited.

http://www.kcbs.us/events.php?year=2009&month=07&id=1624

Do you have to write an essay?
Because by now you know I am pretty shy and could be at a loss for words:shock:

Nope, unless you really want to. FYI, prize money is $2,500 Grand Champ, 1,500 reserve, $800 first, $400 second, $200 third, $100 fourth and $75 fifth.

Hey Ray why do you care your retired ? I think you need some counseling over that RGC non Trophy thing you seem to have taken it very hard. Have you tried rubbing that blue rhino stuff into your temples ?

I'll be counting change and drinking beer that weekend...

Nice! Someday I'll make it to Harpoon, just watching my travel and expenses this year with a trip to the Royal, etc.

Hey Ray why do you care your retired ? I think you need some counseling over that RGC non Trophy thing you seem to have taken it very hard. Have you tried rubbing that blue rhino stuff into your temples ?

Steve I actually chuckled to myself, very funny:!:

And Yes I do need to have more of a sence of humor about it.
But I do think it needs to be said and express that not everyone drinks the Harpoon Kool-aide.

Ray, they have a RSG trophy in New Jersey in case you're looking to un retire. Here's last year's RGC, Lo and Slo, with the trophy.

1-1.jpg

CIMG0194.jpg

They have one at Harpoon also. Here's Ted receiving it last year...
Picture095-1.jpg

Et tu, Brute?

Mike comon? and the reason is because someone complained...

Me too? If your asking if I like Harpoon, then yes, me to...and don't call me Brutus. :-D
You complained about no RGC trophy now they have one. Well done. People also complained about prize money, now there's $5000 and calls trough 10th place. Nice!

Back