Rainy day off brisket

Cliff H.

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
It has been raining here in Arkansas all day. I was off, I was bored, I was hungry so I smoked a brisket.

On at 12:00 and off around 5:00. This brisket turned out very good. If they all turned out this good using the high heat method then I would use it exclusively.

DSC03732.jpg

DSC03741.jpg

DSC03743.jpg

DSC03744.jpg

WOW Cliff, that looks outstanding. What did that beautiful hunk of meat weigh? What temp did you take the cooker to?

WOW Cliff, that looks outstanding. What did that beautiful hunk of meat weigh? What temp did you take the cooker to?

It was 12 or 14 lbs. Can't remember. I do remember the $30 though. The uds ran at 300 for 5 hours with lots of fire left over.

Nice lookin' brisky bro! :p Are those injection tracks I see? :?:

Looks good. Although seeing your finger prints through your glove freeks me out a little.:biggrin:

Looks Great!

did you flip it?

Flipped after a few hours. I only let it stay fat up for about and hour then I flipped it again. High heat brisket in a uds really does a number on the fat cap.

That's a great looking brisket! I need to try the fast method soon.... The Allegro guy at competitions always does well with his Brisket and he does his fast too.

Back