Juicy Lucy Meatballs

wow, no kidding - lucky co-workers. The closest we get around my office is somebodies crummy Johnny Marzetti recipe and Kroger cupcakes

Thanks for the recipe!

I think I gained 3#'s just reading it!

That looks great! At first I thought that was butter you was stuffing in the ball. Do you rotate the balls half way through the cook?

That looks great! At first I thought that was butter you was stuffing in the ball. Do you rotate the balls half way through the cook?

Actually the Kamado Joe like all ceramic grills create a convection heat environment so it is not necessary to rotate the food. Everything comes out moist and evenly cooked. :-D

Actually the Kamado Joe like all ceramic grills create a convection heat environment so it is not necessary to rotate the food. Everything comes out moist and evenly cooked. :-D

I was thinking that rotating would help with getting the grill/smoke flavor on both sides vs a mini braise. Braising in its own juice would make for a juicy meatball though.

I was thinking that rotating would help with getting the grill/smoke flavor on both sides vs a mini braise. Braising in its own juice would make for a juicy meatball though.

OK - I see what your saying now. Next time I will do it and see if it makes a difference in either flavor or moisture. That's a good point.

Thanks

Back