424lbs of Pork in 20 days - 3rd Whole Hog

Twelvegaugepump

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just the other day in this thread (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168318&highlight=hog) I was commenting on how I wanted to keep the whole hog cooking streak going. Little did I know how that would play out.

I was on vacation on Wed and got a call from my mother in laws's cousin. He asked me if I could do a whole pig for him the next day. I thought he was joking. His caterer backed out on him at the last minute and he had 160 people coming the next day to a luau at the retirement home he owns. I told him that if he could get a pig in my hands by 8pm, I could get it done. He called all around the state and finally got one almost 2 hours away. It was a 121lb pig, so I added 4 butts as well.

His kitchen staff took care of all the sides and I cooked under his license and insurance which was the only way I was going to do this gig. The people loved it and there was very little left when I took off that night.

3 weeks ago today I cooked my first pig. Yesterday I cooked two more pork butts for my niece's first birthday. Between the three pigs and six pork butts, I have done 424 lbs of pork in 20 days. It has been a ton of fun, though I think I might just have a salad tonight for supper. :razz

Yeah Boy. Looks like you came through like a champ. Way to go.

That is awesome! My next smoker is gonna be big enouogh to do a whole hog. That is my ultimate goal in BBQ

Great job on the pig there! That's a whole lotta pork cooked!

Back