NC Contests (Backyard)

P

Piginapit

Anybody know of any Amature/Backyard BBQ contests in North Carolina this year? I would like to do a couple this year but I dont want to drop the $250 entry fee for a Pro contest several times for a beginner! There is one in Lincolnton in June but I will at a wedding and will miss it.

Lincolnton is the only one that I found with a tailgate catagory. Too bad you have to miss it, it is a well run and fun comp

Thanks for looking...There is a contest out in Franklin NC the 7th and 8th of August. They have a "backyard" contestant entry but I might just bite the bullet and go for the full contest. Even if I only do one this year It will give me a good idea of how good/bad my stuff is! There are several within driving distance I plan on hitting as a hungry spectator instead too!!!

I was going to mention the one in Franklin. I am very highly considering the pro division... But, the entry fee is like a hundred bucks more just to enter the pro, and only add the brisket category.... but of course the payout is a LOT less too. I haven't made my mind up for sure, but it is on my list of comps for the year....

I take it you have done a search on KCBS, as well as the Mid-Atlantic, and NC BBQ societies????

Bill

if yall hear of any others i would like to know as well

.. I dont want to drop the $250 entry fee for a Pro contest several times for a beginner! ...

Man i'm glad IBCA comps are about $85 entry. Oh, we save money on garnish also. They give us the foil sheet...:biggrin:

yes - blues brews and bbq in charlotte. happens in september. both backyard and MinM qualifier. it's part of charlotte shout

8cb99ba3.jpg

gets some quality talent...

34c8a924-1-1.jpg

Back