Sunday Soup: Chicken Tortilla

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Nothing says Winter eating like soup. I can eat soup for lunch year round, but when the days start to shorten and the temperature starts to drop there’s just something about a nice warm bowl of soup. One of the many cookbooks I have is Sunday Soup by Betty Rosbottom. Betty has compiled some great soup recipes and Celeste and I are planning to cook our way through this book over the winter.

Some of the recipes may come directly from the cookbook, but more than likely Betty’s recipes will be our inspiration. That’s the case with the tortilla soup we fixed for Sunday dinner.

Tortilla1.jpg

More pictures and recipe

That looks great, Larry! I'm going to bookmark the recipe for future use!

Oh yeah!! Yum. I'd hit a bowl. Nothing like some fresh cilantro and jalapeno to perk it up too.

Bob

For some reason my spoon cant get past the monitor. The photo is outstanding. Never had tortilla soup but now it's on the list.

Wow! That looks great. Will have to try this. Nothing better that a great pot of soup on a cold dreary day!

Had the same thought yesterday & made a pot of, you guessed it, Chicken Tortilla Soup. Wams the soul for sure... Cheers!!!

Back