It's fun to be me

Chef Jim

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I've decided that life is good. Since I joined this forum I have scored some pretty good deals!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

The latest was this past Monday. I was looking through CL and came across a meat slicer. Called the guy and he said that two people were on their way to see it. OK, my loss. But then he says he knows of another one that a baker friend of his wanted to sell.

OK, I'll bite. Friend wants $350 and he wasn't sure how big or what brand. I told him I was looking for something in the $250 range. He'll check and let me know.

Wed. night he call back and said I could get it for that. OK again.:clap2:
By thurs. he hasn't called me back, so I call him on Fri morning. He had been busy at the bakery and didn't get a chance to pick it up. By now I'm beginning to wonder, but I'm not doing much anyway. Wait and I will call you right back. Ten minutes and he's got it, so I drive 60 miles and meet him at his house.

Low and behold I get there and he pull this out of his trunk.

Slicer.jpg

He takes me into his apt. and shows me how to clean it and what everything is, and it runs.:laugh::laugh:

Does it get any better than this? Must be my lucky day.

But Dang that thing is heavy.:becky:

Watch your fingers Jim. Those things are good at cutting all kinds of meat, even fingers. Ask me how I know. Safety speech over. Nice Score!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a top notch slicer. Great Score.
It will also trim your finger nails for you if you are not careful.

Envy mod!! We want a slicer soooooo bad! As soon as money is better, we shall have one!!! Nice score.

Matt

Wow, nice slicer. Looks to be in great shape too. Great score there!!

That'd work pretty darn good on pastrami and buckboard bacon for sure. Nice score! Cheers!!!

SCORE-o-rama!!! That's the exact model that we used to use- we sliced everything from tomatoes to full rib roasts (in order to make rib steaks) to...EVERYTHING on that! I am green with envy, even though I don't need one with that capacity these days....:mrgreen:

Great score. Iv'e been looking for one all winter. They all cost over $500.

Back