The Buffalo Buffalo Burger

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
[FONT=&quot]So there’s this “2106 July Burger Blowout!” Throwdown going on here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232740[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Having already made some nice Cheeseburgers yesterday I decided to try something a little more outside the box. There is a Burger restaurant near us called Slaters 50/50 that serves a burger called the Buffalo Buffalo Burger. Here’s a description: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“The tangy stack features seasoned ground bison (aka the American buffalo) nestled on a bed of shredded celery and carrots. All that's topped buffalo sauce-infused sharp cheddar cheese, grilled onions and [FONT=&quot]jalapeños[/FONT], and then smothered with housemade buttermilk ranch and Frank's RedHot dressing”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
I decided to try to recreate it here. First I bought some ground Bison meat at Costco.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I mixed in some onion and some blue-cheese into the meat.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To speed things along I placed a chimney of charcoal on my side burner. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once the charcoal was ready I poured it into the charcoal baskets in my Weber OTS.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I placed my Camp Chef griddle over the coals and waited for it to get screaming hot. I then place 4 meat balls on.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They started sizzling in no time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I smashed them and then flipped them.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While they were cooking I made up some Crystal Hot Sauce Mayo.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When they were done I assembled my burger. First was the Crystal Mayo on bot top and bottom haves of the bun. Then some thinly sliced carrot and celery. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Next the burger, 2 slices of sharp cheddar cheese and some thinly sliced [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]jalapeño[/FONT][/FONT].[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And finally some pickled red onion.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here it is plated up with a slice of watermelon and a Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin IPA.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The c[FONT=&quot]r[/FONT]unch of the carrot and celery going with the heat of the mayo and [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]jalapeño[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]w[FONT=&quot]i[/FONT]th the savory [FONT=&quot]buffalo meat and ch[FONT=&quot]eese[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] and the sour of the pickled onion[/FONT].[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Best burger ever![/FONT]

Thanks for looking.[/FONT]

Looks pretty good to me , But the Grapefruit beer , Ill pass on thank you

Wow, that looks great! Nice work. Nice beer choice as well, Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin is the best beer on the planet.

Great looking burger! I'll take a slice of watermelon too... :)

Back