Not Q but Hatch Chile Pron...

BobBrisket

Reaction score
We took the 5th out to Las Cruces, NM this weekend just to get out of town(a whole 40 miles away) and enjoy some family time. A buddy of mine drove up to Hatch and bought 6 sacks and dropped mine off on his way back to El Paso. I took the SJP and loaded it up with coal and roasted away the day.........I also got pretty toasted myself!
2826273180_0d1cb61b4e_o.jpg

The Big Jim wasn't as hot as in passed years and neither was the Sandia according to my buddy.
2826273188_9cbaec8023_o.jpg

The set up and my helper. He tossed fresh chiles onto the grill as I cleared out the roasted ones.
2826273116_c545993d7a_o.jpg

The innocence of children!! My favorite pic. He must have sat there for about 5 minutes with that chile in his hand just like that waiting to toss it onto the grill. I just had to take a picture. Maybe he knew what he was implying.............maybe he didn't!!
I call it........"Little Man, BIG Chile!"

I ended up giving some bags away to some folks at the RV Park and a couple bags to my neighbor for watching the house. My take was about 8 quart size bags. It will get ME through the winter. Wife says it's too hot for her. More for me.

Love that picture!

Enjoy those peppers! Not a heat man myself.... Im sre they are good though...

Bob, I love Hatch chiles!!
Great pictures, your helper is a cutie! :)

cool pic. Glad to see you are introducing your son to the thrill of the grill!

Good lookin helper ya got there. I love Hatch chiles, you're my hero.

Hey Bob nice hatch chiles there. It's always good to get away sometimes and enjoy quality time with the family. Nice pictures thanks.

Awesome picture. Saw they had Hatch chiles at our local market tonight. I miss living in New Mexico. Actually, I miss the food. Man oh man!

Nice Bob!

I grew a Big Jim plant (in pot) this summer and harvested a grand total of 8 chiles off it. (It is flowering again, may get a secod harvest.) They were HOTTER than usual, but .... they also topped out at about 4 inches. They were Little Jims.

What a cool pic. He'll be bragin about that later in life. lol

Right on Bob! Thanks for sharing those pics brother! If I pm you my address, would you send me some of them hatch chiles?

like father, like son. it's all in the jeans.........ah genes, LOL
T

Nothing better than Hatch green chili. Makes me miss home...

Not a better smell than to be out roasting chilies on a cool day. :icon_cool

great pic! Everyone tells me NM has some great chiles! Your helper looks like he is very patiently waiting for his turn to toss the chile on the grill.

Hey Bob: Just wondering what a full gunny sack costs. And, by chance, did you save any seeds?

Bob glad to see you are out enjoying the RV. Those pics are priceless. Roasting chiles and enjoying the great outdoors...It does not get any better than that:icon_bigsmil

Back