Cooking Moose's Meat :)

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Back at Father's Day the folks at Snake River Farms and Double R Ranch got together with Moose to give away a couple of Cowboy Chops (monster ribeye steaks) through Moose's blog.

Well, I was lucky enough to win one of the beautiful steaks! Thanks to SRF, Double R and Moose!

Well, the steak arrived last week and I had plans to cook it on the 4th, but we ended up going to our neighbor's house instead, so I cooked it tonight.

I seasoned it with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. I also did the same to a "normal" ribeye. My wife likes her steak between medium and medium well so she asked for her own steak so it would be cooked to her liking.

14578230746_26ea3d82f4_c.jpg

14414834307_504459c05e_c.jpg

14600632342_0c8a3fbd32_c.jpg

My original plan was to do a reverse sear on the big steak, but adding in the "normal" steak made that more difficult to work out logistically, so I decided to do a "forward sear" :-D and sear the big steak and then let it finish indirect and once it was ready to rest I cooked the "normal" steak. It worked out pretty well. the big steak went a little past medium rare in the rest, but it was pretty close.

14600633002_16e677e1cd_c.jpg

14414609080_47c782c20b_c.jpg

We had baked sweet potatoes and sautéed spinach and cremini mushrooms on the side.

14414835147_e87a753788_c.jpg

The big steak was flavorful and very tender!

thanks again, SRF, Double R and Moose!

Wow, that looks delicious! I was full and now I'm hungry all the sudden. I gotta try one of those sometime!

That looks mouth watering.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave

Only what was on my plate, Harry. We'll use the rest on a salad later in the week.

Ron, you did that cowboy chop justice - great job!

:clap2:

Nice cook and nice hunk of meat from SRF...

Nice little chop mate. looks pretty good

Glad to see you treated Moose's meat right :shocked:

That does look really good my friend :thumb:

Back