12" of sunshine! On to plan B...

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of the midwest is under winter storm warning and the weather gurus are calling for 12-15" of sunshine to fall tonight and tomorrow in the Chicago area. I have a brisket that I have been corning for the past two weeks and I was planning on smoking it tomorrow... Oh well...

Maybe Sunday will be nice enough that I can shovel off the deck and do some ribs... I'll probably leave the brisket in the brine until next weekend and cook it with some potatoes and cabbage instead...

I love winter...

be careful leaving the brisket in abrine that long. It can turn to mush especially if you have acid in the brine(vinegar or citrus). persoanlly, if it wasnt insanely cold, I would put some wood under a tarp tonight and fire the beast up in the morning.. even if you get jsut 6-8 hours of smoke on the brisket, you can then finish it in.......shhhhhhhhhhhhhh the oven.

I don't care for corned beef, other wise I'd be over shoveling the deck for you :)

Can't wait to see the Cook Shack in action

I have a brisket that I have been corning for the past two weeks and I was planning on smoking it tomorrow

See my post about making Pastrami and turn that brisket into one huge hunk of Pastrami lovin'! Smoke it and then enjoy it!

BigBelly said:
I have a brisket that I have been corning for the past two weeks and I was planning on smoking it tomorrow

See my post about making Pastrami and turn that brisket into one huge hunk of Pastrami lovin'! Smoke it and then enjoy it!

Sounds great bro. I love a good pastrami sammich with cream cheese on an everything bagel. :D

BigBelly said:

Actually, it was your recipe in the previous corned beef thread that I used...

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4706

I was planning on turning it into pastrami this weekend. I just shoveled the deck. I had about 8" of snow across most of the driveway, but the deck is a bit sheltered, so it had about 12" on it. Now the wind has kicked up and is supposed to gust to 50 mph, so outside cooking doesn't sound like too much fun!

The snowplow just went by and buried the end of my driveway and knocked off my mailbox... Fark...

Snow sucks! We got a whole 3 inches.

My buddy Mike in MD just called. Said it was coming down so good he couldn't see the school across the street. 18 degrees. Said since I'm not there he's not gonna smoke in blizzard conditions. He knows if I was there we'd be cooking.

I have chicken on the grill in a blizzard :) just thought you'd all like to know

colt45 said:
I have chicken on the grill in a blizzard :) just thought you'd all like to know

good to see you Colt

Did you marinate, rub, season, etc at all?

nope... seasoning with some "Hellfire and Brimestone" BBQ sauce... also making some of my infamous wings :)

Went to Walmart today. They have live plants, garden stuff, grills, charcoal - and swimsuits.

Winter is over. You northern guys are just imagining snot.

Get your bermuda shorts on and do some cooking like real men do.

Back