Cheater Pulled Pork on the UDS (pic)

PatioDaddio

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Here is some of what I call "Cheater Pulled Pork" that I cooked on the UDS today.

CheaterPulledPork_1_1.jpg

The recipe can be had here.

John

P.S. Other than a really quick cook, another advantage is that you get tons of bark.

To be honest I have about 6 pounds of those going on the smoker in a couple of hours, I do them a little different, but you end up with a lot of "pulled pork" that looks and tastes a lot like burnt ends, you get a ton of crust from these.........

This would be a good method for small amounts of PP for those that have neither the patience, or a cooker equipped for a long smoke. Great job.

I do them around 250 to 300, it's the wrapping them in foil that make them so tender. Sweetbay has them on sale all the time for like 85 cents a pound, my wifes says they have to much fat, so several times ago I tried the 3-2-1 method on them and they come out just like 16 hour butts, (almost) only more crust because of more surface area. I always hand sort my pork anyways to get as much fat as possible out, I just put 6 pounds of them on the Weber's, had so many had to fire up the 18 inch rescued kettle, I'll post some pictures when they are done.

I love country ribs. I think they are an underrated cook. Great taste and alot of meat for the buck.

I love country ribs, and those do look just like pulled pork. I have never shredded them.

Definately going to try this. I usually grill them but this sounds better.

Back